Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport
Canelo: I wanted a clear victory. I didn’t want any doubts

WBC middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez spoke to the press after his unanimous decision victory over Miguel Cotto. “First of all I want to thank everyone,” said Canelo. “I am very happy. I am a blessed man.

“I felt I had him in the first round, I felt superior to him. I was stronger than him, I was able to move around very, very well and control the fight. I felt I was winning the fight. I made him miss a lot. From the opening bell I felt I had the advantage and was going to win the fight…I wanted a clear victory. I didn’t want any doubts.

“I feel really good, very strong at this weight. I can make the weight easily and the results are there. This is my weight class.

“Before the fight they asked me a lot of questions about Golovkin and I didn’t want to answer because I had respect for the person I was gonna fight tonight. Now they can ask me. I know Golovkin very well. He’s a friend of mine and like I said before and I’ll say it again, I have respect for him but I’m not scared of him. I will fight anybody, anytime.”

Messages In This Thread
Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - diehard - 11-21-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - Steven - 11-22-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - Steven - 11-22-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - Steven - 11-22-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - cranky - 11-22-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - Steven - 11-22-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - Steven - 11-22-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Cotto vs Alvarez on Sky Sport - diehard - 11-23-2015, 10:59 AM