Joseph Parker
Hard to disagree with Joshua there but I believe he should himself first fight a guy like Takam before dismissing Joseph's performance. Some people will say he's already fought a durable tough guy like Takam in the shape of Kevin Johnson but of course Kingpin was only fighting for money so he doesn't count.
His best opponent in the top 15 was Charles Martin, an artificial IBF champ who was caught in the headlights. And now he faces Breazeale, who wasn't/isn't in the top 10. As Boxingfan says, fight someone with a pulse first.
Charles Martin himself was untested, as is Dillian, as is Brezeale. The one time he got hit cleanly he looked in real trouble.
Whilst Parker's performance against Takam wasn't the greatest, he has shown a hell of a lot more than what Joshua has. Joshua is setting himself up for failure if he keeps facing sub par opponents.
AJ sort of reminds me of Seth Mitchell: http://boxrec.com/boxer/435230 KO'd everyone in his path until he met Johnathan Banks and Arreola. After Arreola KO'd him, he was never heard from again.
Joshua has an Olympic gold medal, Seth Mitchell barely had an amateur career, there worlds apart. Terrible comparison.
AJ could be the next David Price. I think he's better than Price, but David Price was so highly touted before his downfall. When he stepped up he failed.
Seth Mitchell??? David Price.... What's happened to this forum? Has that yarpie newbie set off troll city???
There was so much hype around David Price, similar to the hype around AJ. Big big puncher, but unproven.
Price has always been a bit chinny, I don't understand how winning a silver medal at the world championships and an Olympic gold is unproven. Boxing doesn't just start in the pro's, well it does for some boxers but theyre miles behind in terms of development.
So has Joshua. Well it's not unproven at an amateur level, but he's certainly unproven in a number of areas at the professional level.