Joseph Parker
I gotta be up for work in 3 odd hours and thinking about this is keeping me awake. How's this for a scenario? Parker beat Takam to become no 1 contender, but as Joshua's aloud to take voluntaries he could in fact fight Takam next as Takam wouldn't have fallen out of the top 15. Boxing really is shit sometimes. I really gotta get some sleep, haha.
(06-02-2016, 03:40 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Surely its 9 months after you win the title you have to face your mandatory, Parkers team must have some say.

Na when you win it is irrelevant, that's why Tyson Fury had it stripped one week after he won it, because he wasn't fighting his mandatory next (Glazkov) or a unification (Wilder). Instead choosing to fight Klitschko again.

I don't see why he can't fight early November then mid-late January. That is in line with both of their schedules of every few months. Both are very active.

And he could fight Takam if he stays in the rankings as a voluntary, but he won't as coming off a loss it won't make money. Business first, sport second.
AJ wouldn't fight someone that Parker beat (Takam). I like that he's fighting Breazeale, and undefeated fighter. Get rid of the rif raff like Klit used to do.

I just think there's huge money in Fury or Wilder; with Parker not as much. That's why I think he'll try to unify. $$$.
Die, so you're really convinced Fury is gunna beat Wlad in the rematch!??
I don't read too much into Compubox stats, but the Parker v Takam fight was viewed by some as a very tight decision even though the 116 vs 112 scorecards came back a little further apart. Here is the Compubox stats below...
[Image: parker-takam-compubox.jpg]

What is interesting is Round 8, which was one of the best rounds I've seen in awhile in the HW division.
(06-02-2016, 12:08 PM)shamrock Wrote: Die, so you're really convinced Fury is gunna beat Wlad in the rematch!??

No Sham, the other way around. Wlad will KO Fury. Guess it was a contradiction to post that AJ vs Fury may unify. Guess it's because I don't know what Klit will do if he wins. Hopefully retire, or really mess things up time wise with a third rubber match with Fury. No way Klit and AJ ever fight each other.

If Klit decides not to throw punches again, and Fury wins, I just see more $$$ with Wilder, AJ, Fury, and Haye fighting each other than any of those 4 fighting Parker. I see Parker being left out in the cold as they unify.
(06-02-2016, 12:49 PM)NakiFan Wrote: I don't read too much into Compubox stats, but the Parker v Takam fight was viewed by some as a very tight decision even though the 116 vs 112 scorecards came back a little further apart. Here is the Compubox stats below...

What is interesting is Round 8, which was one of the best rounds I've seen in awhile in the HW division.

It's what I thought. Parker was just more active. The landed punches weren't much different, but Parker led in missed punches! Sounds bad, but he was throwing, Takam wasn't.
Even though I believe Haye a danger point for some of them hasn't he got to qualify to mandatory to make it worthwhile...? Or just a lucrative interim bout?
Well, after there's a unification fight, then the champ is free to fight whoever they want, and Haye would be one of the big moneymakers. There's a reason Lonergan and Parker want to move to the UK to fight. $$$

Mrs D said we could go see Parker fight for the title, but not in the UK winter. I'll need to talk to Mr Higgins about when he schedules it, if it happens. Maybe KB will do a tour like he did for Tua vs LL. Sham, maybe you and I can sit together on the plane and argue for 24 hours! And then I can explain to you why Parker KO'd AJ for 24 hours on the way back! Now that's a buicket list tick.
(06-02-2016, 12:58 PM)diehard Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 12:49 PM)NakiFan Wrote: I don't read too much into Compubox stats, but the Parker v Takam fight was viewed by some as a very tight decision even though the 116 vs 112 scorecards came back a little further apart. Here is the Compubox stats below...

It's what I thought.  Parker was just more active.  The landed punches weren't much different, but Parker led in missed punches!  Sounds bad, but he was throwing, Takam wasn't.

273 jabs for Parker vs 109. That kind of misleads the uneducated saying that his jab wasn't good. But when he was throwing it he keep Takam back, opening him up and letting Parker record a 39.1% power punch landed percentage. When Joe opened up with his power in round 4-5 and 8 all those shots were over 43% landed and in round 4, 57% landed. 

OK, I like stats.