Joseph Parker
But why is he not fighting for the title then? What was the point of calling it an eliminator? Was it not an eliminator?
Because the mandatory is not enforced until after November. I think they have until January or Feb to fight, unless AJ unifies.
So you can make two voluntary defences before you have to make a mandatory? That sounds like a crock of shit.
http://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-outlines-anthony-joshua-mandatory-defense-timeline--103674
So going by that you can fight the number 15 ranked boxing and get a nice payday and then a few months later fight the new number 15 ranked boxer for another nice payday before you have to fight the number one contender. Boxing has got itself in such a state, its a miracle its still alive.
The IBF call their mandatories once a year, the next date is November 20 so until then Joshua can have as many voluntaries he likes within the top 15 ranked fighters. From November 20 he must either fight his mandatory or a unification bout next.

Parker is the mandatory having won the final eliminator so Eddie Hearn wants Parker on the undercard to build his profile in the UK. That way when Joshua inevitably fights Parker in the new year, Brits know who he is and it will make a lot more £££.

I see Hearn pushing Duco into having Parker fight Whyte on the Joshua undercard in early November because if Whyte beats him he's the mandatory again and that fight makes a LOT of money here. Also, Whyte is now signed to Matchroom, which Hearn runs.
I can't see it being November if the mandatory has to take place by early Jan! Its a shame Parker hasn't got a rich promoter, Joshua might even vacate if his team lost the purse bids and had to fight in little old NZ in January. Reality is he's got shitty Duco.
Hearn has already said it will be November but might change his mind. In terms of Purse bids, they will do a deal beforehand. Both parties already know it's at the O2 in London.

Matchroom have so much more money than Duco that it's not even worth the conversation. If Joshua comes to NZ I'll buy you a diamond bike.
Do you really believe that there'll both fight in November and then fight eachother in January?
Surely its 9 months after you win the title you have to face your mandatory, Parkers team must have some say.