Joseph Parker
You got it fly, a lot closer than the scorecards suggest from those stats. It's also been muted that Jo had everything in his direction fighting in his hometown.
THe odds went against Takam when the French lost the purse bid. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, may have been a little different if fight was done in France don't you think.
(05-22-2016, 02:52 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: I think Buttabollox couldn't deal with Lams size , the kid did really well , really green but had more skills.I played for Teatatu or nearly 20 years but retired now. Watched the fight out here, The Warriors crapping out worked out well because the guy in charge of the remote gave up on them , so we got to watch more of the fights

I play over 40's, if you ever fancy coming out of retirement......
Duco $$$

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/80256939/joseph-parkers-handlers-turn-focus-to-world-title-riches-after-win-over-carlos-takam
Why should AJ take on Parker when he could easily organise Wilder or Fury? A unified fight will mean Parker will be left out in the cold. Duco are obviously trying to bait AJ and create interest in the UK. Giving themselves a chance at a shot.
(05-22-2016, 10:46 PM)The Fly Wrote: I've watched it again. There were a few rounds that could have gone either way. My end score was 6 rounds each.

10-9 Takam. Close but the cleaner shots landed by Takam. Some solid lefts.
10-9 Parker. Parker was busier but a lot was not landing clean.
10-9 Parker. Clear round for Parker on activity alone. Takam coming on towards the end of the round.
10-9 Parker. Very close. Takam may have landed the better shots. Parker already starting to go backwards and up against the ropes.
10-9 Takam. Parker running backwards at times.
10-9 Takam. Close. First minute Joe was going back throwing but not really landing. 2nd minute was Parker. 3rd minute was all Takam.
10-9 Parker. Activity alone.
10-9 Takam. Excellent round. Takam won the 1st minute. Parker got the better of the exchanges in the 2nd minute. Takam working hard until the bell with Parkers back against the ropes.
10-9 Takam. Neither guy doing anything noteworthy early. Parker using the jab but nothing really landing. Cleaner shots landed by Takam over the last minute.
10-9 Parker. It looked like Takam took a breather. No one really did much but Parker was more active.
10-9 Parker. Close. Takam could have stolen it over the last minute.
10-9 Takam. A good close round. Every time Takam landed Joe tried to fight back but the cleaner shots were landed by Takam.
The Fly, you've got Takam winning the 8th round? That was Parker's best round, he almost stopped him. Yeah, Takam came back at the end, but damn.
I've watched the fight 3 times now and everytime it gets clearer that Parker did enough to win ... 7-5 to Parker
Yea Parker had that great flurry in the middle but Takam was land clean early and finished strong too. I don't think Takam was close to being stopped.

I think we'll see Parker feast on journeyman until a mandatory is enforced. If he fights guys that are going to take him rounds but not present too much of a risk I'll be ok with it. Guys like Hammer or Kassi. Possibly Cunningham, Tarver, Kauffman or Arreola...
(05-22-2016, 11:48 PM)Cosmic Drop Wrote: I've watched the fight 3 times now and everytime it gets clearer that Parker did enough to win ... 7-5 to Parker

I must say I was a lot more impressed with Parker with the second viewing. But both guys were found lacking though.
If Parker moved away from the ropes better...visually he would have looked much more in control... work in progress
(05-22-2016, 11:42 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Why should AJ take on Parker when he could easily organise Wilder or Fury? A unified fight will mean Parker will be left out in the cold. Duco are obviously trying to bait AJ and create interest in the UK. Giving themselves a chance at a shot.

Exactly.

Joshua has many options, Fury, Wilder, even Haye

Parker and Duco are very low priority, which is why they are taking this approach, but it's falling on deaf ears, most media in the uk didn't even report on last nights fight.

Joe is going to be waiting best part of a year for his shot, which could be against Joshua, another champion, or someone for the vacant. 

Joshua could unify against Fury then drop the IBF to fight Haye, or even god forbid go straight into another unification against Wilder in which Case joes shot might not come for 18 months plus.