Joseph Parker
Duco have made a mockery of the gullible nz fight fan's and they're just starting (fans) to realize it. This Takam fight better have some meat in it or it might spell the end to Ducos cash pony down under. A loss to Parker in this fight will undoubtedly spoil the party.
Sham, if Parker KO's Takam, will you say that he's legit? No skip punch allowed.
Berridge is fighting a credible, but not tough, opponent.
Looking forward to the rest of the card.
Has Duco, Parker and boxing in general helped the business of gyms and associations that cater for boxing in recent years by increasing boxing into the public via events and tv?

If the answer is a reluctant yes, boxing has been more popular....I'm not sure what the complaints are about.

Die could bring up some stats on forum member numbers within the last 2 years as a quick snapshot of interest...
Buttabean has helped the gym business, it doesn't mean he's good for boxing. If duco went bust tomorrow it would be no loss for NZ boxing. In fact fights would probably be free to air.
Duco hasn't even released general admission tickets yet, 18 days til the fight. One confirmed fight for the undercard, what a shower.....
Where would Joseph Parker be now if he stayed with Sir Bob Jones?

Because I remember distinctly that Bob didn't want Parker matched with some of his early opponents as he thought he was getting rushed into fights that he wasn't ready for.

Yet, when Parker is fighting a "nobody", everyone is quick to jump on and voice their opinions about the quality of opposition. Has Parker has better or worse in his 17 fights than..

Deontay Wilder?
Anthony Joshua
David Tua
Lennox Lewis

The point I am trying to make is that Duco is a promotor, they sell fights, people make their own decision if they choose to pay for the fight on their sky account. Billing it as "Parkers toughest opponent" is marketing. Making money is needed if Duco want to bring on better fighters into their stable, and put on better undercards. You have to remember they don't have the time in the business long enough to have massive cash reserves. They only really started the business with the Tua v Cameron bout.

I just think some people just need to vent, but if you were faced with running a business, promoting a fighter, I'm sure you would have done things differently. Yeah, you would have extended credit lines, mortgaged your home, got in the fighter that the public were asking for on Facebook, paid too much for that fighter because you were desperate, and found out that ticket sales and PPV numbers meant a loss. No, you probably wouldn't have.

I say lay off the negative stuff, sit back, evaluate the fight that is coming. Post that, evaluate the potential next opponent...and stop knocking the stuff in the background giving you this ENTERTAINMENT in the form of boxing.
But where have Duco got him to? An over inflated world ranking! Do you think that's good for him? And as for the ENTERTAINMENT, would you class Parkers recent fights as entertaining? Or was you talking about Duco's shows? Dwarfs and E list celebs pretending to box doesnt really entertain me.
Nakifan, no need to try and convince. Got people on here who want to see Parker lose so they can say they told you so. But that's all right, keeps the discussions interesting. Yep, some 222,000+ interest in Parker on our wee little forum.
I don't want Parker to lose, on the contrary. It would make me chuckle if duco lose money though.
I hope he smashes Takam. Really roughs him up. Then I'll wait for the rhetoric about how Takam has only beaten an over the hill Tony T.