Joseph Parker
(03-23-2016, 08:04 PM)Infern0 Wrote: To be honest I dont think Duco are going to win the purse bid anyway, their bid of just over $1,000,000 i don't see being enough considering the importance of this fight.

It would be interesting to know what Takam got for the Perez and Povetkin fights, other than those, i cant see how hes had bigger paydays.
(03-23-2016, 10:03 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 08:04 PM)Infern0 Wrote: To be honest I dont think Duco are going to win the purse bid anyway, their bid of just over $1,000,000 i don't see being enough considering the importance of this fight.

It would be interesting to know what Takam got for the Perez and Povetkin fights, other than those, i cant see how hes had bigger paydays.

It's not about how much he's been paid in the past, it's about how much he would potentially get in a ibf title fight if he wins this one.

It's an opportunity for his promotional team to make an investment, if they can drag the young,novice Parker over to a hostile atmosphere with a ref and judges who are going to do takam every favour they can, theres a good chance of a much bigger pay off in the next fight.

Duco, sadly for Joe do not have deep pockets, they are talking "just over a million" for their purse bid, which is only $670,000 usd. 

If joshua beats martin, well the money is levels above that sort of cash for takam v joshua

All depends on what takams outfit can afford but i dont see it as a guarentee that bid will be ebough
I really don't think Joshua fights Takam anytime soon, there's much bigger, better fights available to him.
It was my understanding that the mandatory is guaranteed a shot before Jan 2017?
True.
The way I have read it is the fight has been confirmed as being hosted in Auckland as the two parties have agreed to terms and there will be no purse bid?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11610282

This was confirmed yesterday, thought you's would have been all over it by now?
(03-24-2016, 11:17 AM)james5000 Wrote: The way I have read it is the fight has been confirmed as being hosted in Auckland as the two parties have agreed to terms and there will be no purse bid?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11610282

This was confirmed yesterday, thought you's would have been all over it by now?

That's what I read as well. I'd say things will be fully confirmed by tomorrow, as Friday I believe was the cut off day. Auckland makes the most sense, considering the population, especially amongst the Islanders. It's a pity that Auckland doesn't have a covered rugby ground like Dunedin, as I'm sure if they did, it'll sell out. 

Vector Arena only houses 12,000 Max
ATEED (Auckland tourism events and economic development) stumping up some cash to hold it would have helped.

wonder what the cheap seats would cost? $50-$100?, 12k would sell quick
If the sales of the tickets, and PPV numbers plus rights to overseas telecasts...match or beat those of the Tua/Cameron fight...

In 2009, after protracted negotiations, Higgins and McRae pulled off an event that secured 88,000 pay-per-view buys - thought to be a world record on a per-capita country basis. They also sold 7500 tickets to the fight, including 750 corporate tables. Quite simply, the Tua versus Shane Cameron Fight of the Century extravaganza created revenue of close to $8 million. The fighters' combined purse alone was $1 million. (source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/10524506/Sky-TV-vs-Duco-The-bout-for-boxings-money)

...the fight will be a big earner for Parker and Duco. 
James5000, I was waiting for you to find it!!! Nah, I missed it. Last I heard it was a million dollar purse but it wasn't completed, as Mr Higgins said it was at a sensitive stage. Sounds that if they have the date of May 21st, and a venue in Auckland, it's all go.

Curious about the million dollar purse. I thought JP was on a salary, so not sure what his pay-out will be for the fight. Maybe he gets incentives as he goes up the rankings and quality of opponents?