Joseph Parker
Thanks James5000, I've updated the HW fight list on the HW thread.

With Hammer gone, who could Joe be fighting???

In my head there is:

Takam- Possibly but since he is rated in the top 10 for 3 alphabets...he has other options apart from JP including Anthony Joshua for IBF.
Ustinov- Not sure if he would risk being KOéd when he is lined up for Ortiz later this year. Talk he has issues with family and is pushing back fights.
Fedosov- Seems to be a possible opponent for a number of other fighters, but it's still possible he would travel to NZ
Hughie Fury- Highly unlikely, there is talk it might be a better journeyman coming his way- maybe even Stiverne. Peter Fury won't risk Hughie against Parker.
Matteo Modugno- I bloody hope not, he isn't rated in the top 100 in Boxrec or in any alphabet. He is Europe's Martz.
Stiverne- Maybe, it gives Stiverne a chance to gain rankings if he wins, and gives JP a durable opponent with a risk element.
Bryant Jennings- I just don't see Jennings wanting to risk another loss, unless it's for a heap of cash, which Duco wouldn't offer.
Mike Perez- Seems to be a name mixed in with AJ and Haye for next opponents, but you never know, he may be the TBA.
Andy Ruiz Jr- Like Perez, you just don't know where Ruiz will pop up. He pulled out of his Jan fight most recently.
Stu said that Takam and Fedosov are in contention in July as a possible eliminator. Stiverne and Ruiz have sparred many rounds with Parker, so they're probably out. No way Hughie would come to NZ to fight Parker. That leaves a short list...
Maybe it is Solomon Haumomo......
(02-14-2016, 03:25 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Maybe it is Solomon Haumomo......

That would be a meaningless fight. Maybe if it was the start of last year, but now, he needs (and we need) a top 25 opponent.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! It'll be 9 weeks out next week. They usually tell us at 8 weeks. Maybe someone can PM Kiwi and he can tell his secret that he got from Lonergan?
(02-14-2016, 03:38 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(02-14-2016, 03:25 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Maybe it is Solomon Haumomo......

That would be a meaningless fight. Maybe if it was the start of last year, but now, he needs (and we need) a top 25 opponent.

Haha was more a pisstake comment., mind you I shouldn't joke about it as it could come true.
Duco already has the opponent, we just don't know who it is. So it's not like their taking the dregs...let's just hope it's a good one.
no mention of Ike Ibeabuchi on the Pac/Bradley card, despite setting up expectations for that a month ago...

he's a "former top contender", a known name in NZ....

you don't suppose???
Tua destroyed what was left in his cranium, they wouldn't finish him off with Parker....
Ike's handlers were talking about going straight for a top 15 opponent a month ago....