Joseph Parker
Danny, I saw some TV News show about Cologne, Germany and their issues. But what interested me is that they had this guy who was training refugees how to box. He had this machine where the boxer punches at a pad in the middle, and this bar goes sideways around to hit the boxer each time he punches the pad. The boxer is then forced to block or duck or it hits him in the head. Have you ever heard of this? Also had some rope in the form of an X, and the boxer had to bob and weave, change angles, at all four openings.

Yes, JP has all the time in the world, but because of his ranking, he has to step up this year. Duco said as much. I agree, avoid AJ now. Despite what people say about the Whyte fight, he is big, powerful, and can fight.

BTW, he has added muscle everywhere except his chest. Mostly bone there. Needs to add some flyes. He's gone from 230 to 240. I agree, he can still grow some muscle.
die you check out boxers chest and muscle mass?
(01-25-2016, 03:56 PM)diehard Wrote: Parker got lots of homes.  He's rich.  Duco made him so.  KB rich also.  Sham's rich.  Lives in Chartwell.  Fai rich???

sham is not on the rich list anymore die I think he stopped buying lotto tickets lol
I do, Fai. Parker got a chicken chest.
I think his chest development comes down to more free weight training. He apparently doesn't work out in the gym with iron, Kevin insists on push ups, situps, chin ups. Wants to keep the speed there instead of being too muscle bound? He has built up sizable muscle mass though since his debut. See below

Debut on undercard to Cameron v Barrett bout 2012
[Image: 147817932-joseph-parker-poses-during-the...2FZQ%3D%3D]

Late 2015
[Image: 1437617129466.jpg]
Huge difference. Correct. KB tried Parker on weights, but he didn't get the results he wanted. Still, why not do some flyes? Chest size helps your overall strength, but probably not punching power. Will help with guys getting off you when they clinch.

Thanks NakiFan. That's a great before and after pic.
he's on better nutrition now than before..

before picture he was hanging out with dave

after picture photoshoot by naki lol
(01-27-2016, 04:48 PM)diehard Wrote: Huge difference.  Correct.  KB tried Parker on weights, but he didn't get the results he wanted.  Still, why not do some flyes?  Chest size helps your overall strength, but probably not punching power.   Will help with guys getting off you when they clinch.

Thanks NakiFan.  That's a great before and after pic.

Flys aren't going to do anything in regards to increasing his overall strength.Aesthetically and looks wise yes it may bring improvements to the pec area but that's it.Improvement strength wise is going to come from the trunk ie:hip flexors,hamstrings,quads,glutes,lower back.If you've got major strength in those areas chances are you're going to be able to generate a fair bit of power and explosiveness.
Got to admit the second pic reminds me how I used to look...
...Before the beer kicked in?