Joseph Parker
Do you have a link, Kiwi. I looked but couldn't find it.

Did you see article by Stu on ESB about giving up the WBA belts?
I have to think those DUCO guys are playing the politics well.

WBA - who needs it? Bunch of money and Mandatories for no good reason.

Kiwi
(01-06-2016, 12:24 PM)diehard Wrote: Do you have a link, Kiwi.  I looked but couldn't find it.

Did you see article by Stu on ESB about giving up the WBA belts?

That article was fraudulant .. I have not made any such comment to anyone from the media .. 
Hmm. OK. But you guys ARE giving up the WBA rankings, correct?

I have no problem with it. You must be doing it for good reason
I think Lonergan and KB said he wanted Joe ranked in all 4 alphabets, and one of them in the top 5. But I think? that's when he wasn't ranked by the IBF. Now that he is, I guess the WBA wasn't going to be helpful to Joe in moving up the rankings. I figure you go with who supports you, and right now it's the WBO and IBF and not the WBA. Truth be told, there's very few fighters ranked in all 4 alphabets. I'll have a look and get back.
Stu says that ESB is wrong about Parker no longer being with the WBA, and the article is bogus. FYI, only AJ and Parker are ranked in all 4 alphabets.
So the entire story is bogus?

They are still with WBA?
Yeah, Kiwi. That's my hit on it. Still with the WBA. Did you find that link about the IBF 6 month mandatory? Thanks.
Leoh on ESB forums was the one who alerted me to this, Diehard. Leoh has almost 5000 posts on that site. Here is the exchange-

Pugilist_Spec -
"It would be a good step up for Parker. I'd back him against Takam. If he wins that, hopefully he'll jump over Joshua in the rankings and become IBF mandatory. If that were the case, I'd pick him against either Glazkov/Martin in a title fight. Parker becoming champion by the end of 2016 is a very possible. Would be great to see."

Leoh -
"I believe Glazkov vs Martin winner have to defend the title against a mando in 6 months as it's a vacant title - that means Parker might get a shot in summer."

http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=556425
Thanks Kiwi. I'll see if I can find it on the IBF webpage.