Joseph Parker
Brilliant, Stu. Thanks for the insights. And welcome to the forum. Wonderful to have your input here.

It certainly helps us to see the great efforts that go in behind the scenes.

And yes - the IBF possibilities sound exciting.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

-Kiwi
Carlos Takam - ranked 9 in the IBF. After reading what Stu Duncan wrote (above), could this be the next opponent for Parker?
"A French Cameroonian professional boxer who represented Cameroon at the 2004 Summer Olympics at super heavyweight. Takam is known for his physical strength and his relentless workrate." -Wikipedia
Born: December 6, 1980 (age 35) - Height: 1.89 m.

Fascinating possibility.

Maybe it is not Ustinov after all?

-Kiwi
Wow, Thank you for that insight Stu. While a number of these opponents that you were trying to line up had other plans, I'm sure a great number saw the threat Joseph holds. Getting into the top tens should theoretically stop the ducking, and make your job easier (or harder). I hope you keep the group updated, as I'm sure you are well aware of the public interest in Joseph.
Wow stu, thank you so much for the insight into the challenges you face getting Joe suitable opponents. It helps remove speculation but its also great to get a feel for what your plans and directions are. Keep it coming.
Carlos Takam - I just watched his fight with Povetkin. A real rumble for 10 rounds. Povetkin bombed him out eventually.

Parker is taller and has more power. I think Takam lacks slightly in sheer power. But a very strong fighter.

Parker would have his hands full. A good test.

Let's hope it happens!

-Kiwi
Thanks Stu. An early Christmas present. Would be interested to know how much of a hand the IBF has in dictating Joe's opponent in April. Such as, "ok, if Joe beats Mr X in April, we'll agree to an eliminator with Mr Y in July, with the winner fighting for a title.
Awesome to have you on board Stu. Really looking forward to 2016
So everyone - is it to be Carlos Takam in April or not?

And if it is - what will the fight be like? Any thoughts?

-Kiwi
Patience, my friend. Stu is not about to say anything about a possible opponent until Duco holds a press conference and announces it, which will be after the Samoan fight January 21st. Still think it'll be Ustinov.
Yes - I was not really directing that question at Stu.

Just wondering what others here think of that kind of opponent. I think it would be a big step up.

-Kiwi