Joseph Parker
(12-10-2015, 12:29 PM)Yanni Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 10:34 AM)diehard Wrote: “There was a four-fight million dollar offer made to the management of Lucas Browne that included a bout with Parker that was rejected"

Quick question - does anyone know how this offer would have worked?  Is it just Parker vs Browne plus 3 other "Lucas Browne Management" fighters vs Duco fighters?

Yanni, I'M scratching my head as my  calculator cant work out what a 4 fight million dollar offer is, only my man  sham  can explain it when he's completely drunk LOL,
Heavyweight opponents duck for cover as Joseph Parker storms glamour division

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/74948807/heavyweight-opponents-duck-for-cover-as-joseph-parker-storms-glamour-division
Can't help but think that Duco (Stu Duncan) had to respond to Parker KO'ing his average opponents early by putting the blame on the other elite fighters. Lot of these fighters, especially Martin and Glazkov, got there ranking by fighting average opponents. And don't want to risk their position. As I've said, some of these guys will fight Parker for what was on offer if it's not in NZ. The article suggests that these guys wouldn't come to NZ. I wouldn't either, fighting the lion in is own backyard.
Maybe for enough $$$'s plus US Primetime TV - they may reconsider.

-Kiwi
Welcome aboard, Yanni.

Kiwi, it's not the money or exposure. It's fighting Parker in his own backyard, and the fear of losing the fight and their ranking. Something they've massaged for years.
(12-10-2015, 02:57 PM)faimoko Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 12:29 PM)Yanni Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 10:34 AM)diehard Wrote: “There was a four-fight million dollar offer made to the management of Lucas Browne that included a bout with Parker that was rejected"

Quick question - does anyone know how this offer would have worked?  Is it just Parker vs Browne plus 3 other "Lucas Browne Management" fighters vs Duco fighters?

Yanni, I'M scratching my head as my  calculator cant work out what a 4 fight million dollar offer is, only my man  sham  can explain it when he's completely drunk LOL,

Maybe he meant a four-fight promtional deal for Lucas Browne, culminating in a fight with JP. Similar to what Matchroom Boxing has done by signing Dillian Whyte on a three-fight deal to build his profile on AJ undercards, then have the 'super' fight on Saturday. Just an idea.
Evidently Browne accepted the fight, but his management said no. I do remember a previous article where Browne said he wasn't concerned about Parker, that he was going for a title, and Parker didn't fit into his plans. That was about a year ago.
Parker now at WBO #3 according to Parker's matchmaker, Stu Duncan:

At just 23 years old - now 17-0 undefeated as a professional and rated Heavyweight WBO # 3 in the world. Congratulations Joseph - great effort
WBO Rankings – World Boxing Rankings
HEAVYWEIGHT (Over 201 lbs) ( Over 91.17 kgs)
Title Name Country
CHAMPION TYSON FURY UK
1 Charles Martin (NABO) USA
2 Anthony Joshua UK
3 Joseph Parker (Oriental) (WBO Africa) NZ
4 Wladimir Klitschko (Sup. Champion) UKR
5 Vyacheslav Glazkov UKR
6 Alexander Povetkin RUS
7 Andrey Fedosov (Int-Cont.) USA
8 Andy Ruiz USA
9 Edmund Gerber KAZ
10 Erkan Teper GER
11 Michael Wallisch (WBO Europe) GER
12 Arthur Szpilka POL
13 Carlos Takam CAM
14 Luca Browne AUST
15 Izuagbe Ugonoh GHA
** Tom Schwarz (WBO Youth) GER
**Peter Graham (Asia-Pacific) AUST
So if Martin wins, and Joshua wins. There shouldn't be any change, BUT if they both lose....theoretically will Joseph be the #1 mandatory against Fury if he wins?