Joseph Parker
I think Parker really needs an IBF ranking - and they are probably lobbying behind the scenes for this.

Fury is highly likely to walk away from a couple of his belts in the next 6 months.

IBF may be one. So Parker wants to be in that mix.

-Kiwi
KB is hoping that Parker will be ranked in the top 15 of the IBF. The nice thing about the alphabets is that they don't force you to fight anybody until you win a title. For instance, Fury is now be forced, one week form winning the title, to fight Glazkov or give up his belt.

So Parker fights, Martz, then Bergman in Samoa in January, and then a top ten fighter in April. Exciting times.
Top 10 in April?

Did they actually say that?
You should get on Stu Duncan's facebook page. He's Parker's matchmaker. Anyway, talks about possibly an eliminator mid year. And an important fight coming up in April, so I'm assuming top 10. He'll start making his run then to the title.
That would be amazing.

A great 2016 ahead.
Ustinov is ranked 7 in the WBA.

Could it be him?
He should be ranked much better in the different alphabets.  He's beaten some good fighters, and fights Samuel Peter (of all people) next week.  He's only lost once, and that was to Pulev.  
See what you think:

http://boxrec.com/boxer/314868
To be avoided at this stage?

-Kiwi
(12-04-2015, 06:11 PM)Kiwi Wrote: To be avoided at this stage?

-Kiwi

Ustinov looks slow, but that's why Tua took him. Pulev is better than he showed against Klit - he was way too aggressive. Ustinov is surprisingly effective, and even Fury pulled out against him. If I was on team Parker, I would pick someone else, but then again - it would send a message to the big guys in the division (KTFO Martz sends nothing)
Agree Kiwi - the next couple of years are going to be great for this forum.
A seasonal toast to Mr and Mrs Die!
The really great thing about JP also is that he keeps so busy

Unlike Tua who went years between fights

I hope the kid goes right to the top

2016 - bring it on