Joseph Parker
(10-17-2015, 12:59 PM)diehard Wrote: Don't know about trouble, but I think if he fought any of the above fighters, it would be a fight.  He would not be the underdog.  Personally, I would target Glazkov.

Glazkov is beatable, would be a good step up, and would grab Parker some solid notoriety.

I think Teper would be a good pick too. It would be riskier than Glazkov, but I think Parker is more skilled, technically sound, and has better reach and hand speed than Teper.
Rossy was robbed v Glazkov. He's very beatable
Problem is Ducos relationship with Kathy Duva. He's all she's got in HW. And she's the only one they've worked with in US to date.
Here's an article showing Parker at #9 on boxrec. Yeah, yeah, but my man cranky got there first. Well done, cranky. Think Johnstone is looking at your posts!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/73115105/boxer-joseph-parkers-rankings-rise-puts-world-title-within-sights
By the sounds of things his Dec opponent is going to be taller again. Can only think of Ustinov, Dimitrenko, Cojanu or Pianeta who are available and beatable?
Ustinov could be possible. He was supposed to beat up Kimbo Slice in December, but the fight hasn't eventuated
(10-18-2015, 12:35 PM)diehard Wrote: Here's an article showing Parker at #9 on boxrec.  Yeah, yeah, but my man cranky got there first.  Well done, cranky.  Think Johnstone is looking at your posts!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/73115105/boxer-joseph-parkers-rankings-rise-puts-world-title-within-sights

must be....   Wink
Never head of Cojanu.  The others seem really good as opponents.  Personally, I'd get my bum over to Tyson Fury's camp and spar with him and his brother.  There's your height.  Ustinov is the logical choice.  Duco knows him, and he's been over here before.  AND, he's ranked in one of the alphabets.

In addition, the public knows Ustinov, and there's some hype to be gained in saying he beat Tua.
Could defnitley be Ustinov. Also maybe Dillon Carman hes the Canadian Champ 6 foot 5 Big puncher although the best name on his Record is 51 year old Razor Ruddock....

Id say it will be out of Ustinov and Pianeta but ya never know with DUCO. Lonergan said he hopes to name the opponent in the next week or so.
Don't know what all this fascination is with finding a taller opponent. The only two opponents that are tall are Klit and Wilder. He'll never fight Klit, and Wilder will lose to Povetkin. Povetkin is 6'2", Martin 6'5" and Glazkov 6'3".

I think Ustinov is a dangerous opponent. He's only lost to Pulev when he quit in the 11th round, he has a good jab and fights big, although he does have a tendency to drop his right hand a lot. Needless to say, Tua couldn't get close to expose it.

I'd target Glazkov or Martin.