Joseph Parker
(10-15-2015, 09:49 AM)diehard Wrote: Yes, AJ could stop the Tank.  AJ could stop anyone.  Ask Sham.

Yep
What time do fights start tonight/telecast?
7:30PM.  Although I can't imagine the Parker vs Meehan fight before 10PM.
Thanks Die. Although I just rang Sky and they said 7.30. I have a pub in Rotatuna to go watch it, son Floyd will pick me up about 7 I think. Kali I hope can pull off a big one and stay upright for 12 rds, cant see him winning it but as long as he can ruffle Parkers feathers and we get to know a bit more about him that other fights havn't produced.
Yeah, I thought it was 7PM, but then I got a message from Duco saying 7:30, so I changed it above, but evidently not fast enough for you, Sham. I would like to see Kali make a fight of it, Parker digs deep and comes up with a sensational KO in the middle rounds. Please, nothing like the Tupou fiasco.
Celebs back Parker:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/73028894/dana-white-all-blacks-and-wallabies-among-sports-stars-to-back-joseph-parker
Forget the wishables, Kali too much a man to go like tippy toes plus I don't think parkers THAT good.
No, but Parker is good enough to stop Kali in the middle rounds. That is, if he doesn't get hit and stopped himself...
I don't think Kali will be much trouble for Parker. Hopefully it goes a few good rounds though.
Hey, I used to be a member over at Davidtua.net. I lost touch with you guys years ago, but used to post as LittleShaun at the Tua forum. After I got my life straightened out in the mid 2000s Tua got me back into watching boxing casually toward the end of his career. After he retired I've become more of a hard core boxing fan. I remember lurking the old Tua forums and appreciating your guys' insight. When the site went down I lost that. A lot of the boxing site/forums are full of a bunch of knuckleheads who don't know shit about the sport and until I joined Bad Left Hook I really missed reading intelligent conversation about the sport I've come to love. When I got off work tonight I saw Parker was fighting and it made me want to track y'all NZ folks down. Looks like I found you.

Anyways, I think Parker has this one fairly easily. The kid looks solid, and I'm picking him to KO Meehan by round 5. In time, I think JP has the potential to be in a top 10 if not top 5 heavy.