Joseph Parker
Boxing: Meehan weighs-in 3.6kg heavier

Kali Meehan has weighed in 3.6kg heavier than world-ranked New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker for their quadruple regional title fight in Auckland on Thursday night.

Australian-based Meehan tipped the scales at 110.6kg with Parker coming in at 107kg for the clash at Trusts Stadium.

Parker is unbeaten and is world ranked by three of the major boxing bodies.

World-ranked Australian welterweight Jeff Horn weighed in marginally lighter than his Argentine opponent Alfredo Blanco for their quadruple regional title bout in the main undercard fight.

Blanco tipped the scales at 66.5kg with Horn at 66.5kg.
...and this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/73015570/brown-buttabeans-weighin-stunt-fires-up-southlands-kaleni-taetuli

...and this:

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/videos/watch/29809403/parker-ready-for-the-big-test-against-meehan/
So chaps, anyone know of a way to view the event without a skybox? Can I pay the 40 dollars to Sky and stream it online? Like the fanpass nonsense, but just for the one event?
Steven, VADR is the promoter, and hopefully he'll come on here and sort you out.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/73013190/kali-meehan-says-joseph-parker-is-flawed-ahead-of-their-heavyweight-boxing-clash
Every fight that JP weighs in for he looks better and better his body is filling out nicely very thick around the shoulders and upper back. He looks in great shape but then again so does 45 Yr old Kali Meehan he also look very confident.

Butterbean is a character alright but i cant help but think hes fueled the fire in Kaleni he just smiled at him the whole time didn't look fazed one but whatsoever i can see him Knocking out the BB again although out of the two of them BB will be fitter and if Kaleni doesnt get him out of there in the First round i can see him getting tired and BB outboxing him for a points decision win.

Will be a Great fight between JP and Kali and im sure it will answer some more questions about JP especially his chin. All in all its going to be a good night of action and may the best man Win.
Kali looks in amazing shape for a 45yr old. He said Duco gave him heaps of time to prepare, and he's used it well.
JP couldn't KO Sherman the tank, and Kali is definitely a better fighter in every way, so if JP can knock out Kali, he's improved on that.
If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world - the only other prospect absolutely demolishing everyone is Joshua.
All of the others have the odd UD
Nobody KO's Sherman the Tank, who came to survive,  but Kali has been stopped several times by ordinary fighters.  To me, it'll be an accumulation of punches, using his speed, to finally stop Kali in the middle rounds.

Just looked it up.  Sherman Williams has been stopped only once in 15 losses.  It was in 1999.
Do you think AJ could stop The Tank?
(10-14-2015, 12:00 AM)tm7 Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 01:08 PM)justafan Wrote: Agree 100%!
Can make for easy money on multibets though.
Is that all the fights or have I missed one?

Missed one, Gunnar Jackson v Daniel Roy Maxwell again (6 rounds)

Also, interesting point about what happens to BBB after Duco move JP to the US for fights. BBB does still fight on smaller cards around the country and is a good draw card, but in terms of being a public figure nationally, I can't see how he could stay relevant without Duco actively featuring him. I quite like him so bit of a shame if he fades away
Thanks, didn't know about that one.
Great to have another pro fight and great for Jackson as I understand he's been trying to get on a a Duco card for sometime.
Obviously Jackson needs to get back on the horse after losing to Hope but I don't see this fight coming to a whole lot. So hope I'm wrong as the card needs a genuine win but I can see a boring points loss to Jackson.
has anyone seen their first fight??? Please tell me it was awesome and it it is about time the re-match happend?
Yes, AJ could stop the Tank. AJ could stop anyone. Ask Sham.