Joseph Parker
I've been looking for articles on Parker. He's at a crossroads in his career. As Yogi Berra used to say, "when you are at a fork in the road, take it."
He is an opponent now whether he likes it or not
Needs to take a decent fight and win against the odds
I don't know about winning against the odds. That would assume that the fighter is ranked higher than he is. Sounded like JP is getting thrown in against anybody that will make the fight happen for Boxxer.. He might have to take some shit fights, or fight on a few weeks notice, to make fights. He's not in a good position where he can pick his fights anymore.
Basically that's what I meant br an opponent to a higher ranked fighter. The other option is stepping stone to the likes of Anderson etc with the hope of toppling them
Except why would a higher ranked fighter fight him? He's still dangerous, JP that is. The stepping stone fight seems to be the most probable. But why would a stepping stone fighter take a chance of stalling their career? I suspect he needs to fight someone who's in a similar boat as him. Maybe a Michael Hunter type fighter.
Yes but is he now looked at as dangerous? He has hand speed if he uses it or at least comes in at an appropriate weight to use it. He is known to gas and take breaks , not a hurtful puncher - owns a decent ranking. Surprisingly fury hasncalled him out!
I want the best for JP so he next fight will tell the tale of his ambition. Another Massey fight and he's done
Well, he got beat up by JJ, and was ordinary against a cruiser and couldn't put him away. He's dangerous only because of his past and his future fighting skills are unknown. I still think he can beat top 10 fighters if matched right, and some up and coming contenders. I wouldn't bet against him, but man, get some power. Doesn't look like Andy Lee and the Fury gym have improved his skills to date.
I heard rumours of him fighting Faiga Opelu next.
Oh, the guy who beat Hemi. Why not?

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/790906
Ummm really? i would rather Demsey McKean
I was excited when JP linked with Andy Lee, I was sure it was a great match- but not so sure now. The weight thing- basically copying the Fury /Sugarhill/ Kronk theory of being bigger = hitting harder and imposing yourself on your opponent. This is not accentuating JP's natural skillset - style etc
If he fought Hunter I would be happy
Bakole
Whyte
Hygovic

Not another massey level