Joseph Parker
Sounds like you could be right about Team Parker practising the SKIP PUNCH Die - JP saying here
"The punch that I knocked Bowie Tupou out with is a punch that we've been working on for a long time in training camp. And when I saw the opportunity of throwing it, I gave it everything I had"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RduOzkkbAQ
Hahah westy- I knew that would be the fury self punch, without even opening the link.... He's only just starting to live that down now...
So, let's say Joseph Parker beats Kali. He would then have two "Africa" titles along with the others. Surely legitimacy for regional titles only comes from battling those titles either in the region, or against fighters from the region, or preferably both. Africa kind of seems the weak link in this regard, although I think Barrett got Tua's "Asia-Pacific" & "Oceania" titles when he beat him as well, didn't he?

Anyhow, down the line, assuming Parker wins, who does he fight to bring some semblance of legitimacy to those titles. As far as I can tell, the top guy in the top 100 (boxrec) from Africa is Takam (who represents his continent very well!). Is that a fight they want? Probably not soon. However, there's a former WBC champ (and they are seriously focused on WBC right now) who might just check all the boxes...... After Meehan, is Parker ready for......... Sam Peter??? He's 95 on boxrec. What you think? Older stallion with rounds, but former champ also. Haven't seen him for a while, but he leaves it all out there in the ring...
Fred Kassi from Cameroon is no. 76, and he's also a switch hitter, which could be a good learning experience for Joseph. A lot of people seem to think he should've got the win over Arreola
missed that one myself...... interesting.....
After what Meehan did the Cameron, he's a worthy opponent. But he's 45, so it'll be interesting to see what he has left. The fight is listed for October 15th, but November was also mentioned. There was also another fight talked about in December, and then Samoa in January. Of course, his fights don't last long. Baby Joseph has this week off, and then it's back to Vegas for training until the fight.
(08-04-2015, 04:49 PM)diehard Wrote: Danny, Danny. You've heard of Ali using the phantom punch, right? And Tua using the 45, right? Well, KB and Parker developed the SKIP PUNCH. Did exactly what it was supposed to do: hit the top of the head and skipped off, causing Tupou to be KO'd and unconscious. Not like most other punches, as it has devastating effects. Talk to KB about the SKIP PUNCH. He knows about it, as does Parker.

LOL... gees Die, so KB's inventing punches now? That be right, so JP misses with a straight right to the mug, and hits the top of Tupou's head and KB calls it a SKIP PUNCH....hahahaha

Well I guess its a good answer for the outcome, especially for those who questioned the legitimacy of the KO.

Don't think JP will be landing too many SKIP PUNCHES on Meehan, he's a bit tall for that shot Wink
What do you think of this fight Danny, is it open and shut to JP ? How do you see it
No skip punches permitted..lol
Danny, just tell Kali not to lower his head. A year or two ago, people were laughing at Parker for wanting to fight Cameron. Even Cameron. Now Cameron gets bounced by Meehan, lines up to fight Parker, and we wonder what kind of chance Meehan has?