Joseph Parker
I can't believe Tupou faked it - he was fighting for his career, and obviously to a risky plan.
I'm not naiive - I know boxing can be dodgy, but the way Tupou was lying there was way too convincing
Yeah I'm not too sure if taking a dive you would fall flat on your face like that especially with tupous arms in the position they were also......where too or who for Parker now guys?
Well he's got Meehan next - hopefully that lasts a few rounds, and someone locked in for December who we don't know, but Stu Duncan thinks he will beat (not Leapai). Onwards and upwards.
Pipe dream i know, but wouldn't it be great if he could get an in shape Tua for his January Samoa fight?
What about Ustinov? Too risky or good match up?
Defintely got ???'s over his last two ko's scott vs wilder looked like a better dive than tonights.
(08-02-2015, 01:17 AM)gothenaki Wrote: but wouldn't it be great if he could get an in shape Tua for his January Samoa fight?

No! It is all bad with Tua. If he gets up for another fight I am cool with that. But JP hurting an old Tua isn't good, and an old Tua thrashing Parker and then never fighting again isn't good. Tua derailed Shanes career, took his ranking and went to sleep on it.
Seeing the replay over and over, the point of contact of that last punch was actually on the back of the head not forehead from Tupou trying to keep his head low...either this was rigged or Parker is that strong. The aftermath was convincing but the final blow was not.
From the back camera angle you can see Parkers hand coming up as Tupou is ducking in. Parkers hand pops up a good 15-20 cm after hitting Tupous head before it continues on.

https://youtu.be/9A4mGtzW4gg?t=183 Flick the video player over to 0.25 speed to see it land.

It is a bizarre one alright, but seems there was more on it than I saw initially.
(08-02-2015, 01:24 AM)Thepaulz Wrote: What about Ustinov? Too risky or good match up?

I've got a feeling you could be right - especially with his history of finishing off Tua
He's slow but well respected in the division - he's only lost once in 32 fights!
Meh... Cheap Burgers at BK tomorrow, see you all there! ....Thanks JP!