Joseph Parker
Rumours are for spreading - saw this on Checkhook
"Rumour has it that Tupou knocked Kali Meehan out in sparring during the past week."
(07-24-2015, 09:35 AM)Calikiwi Wrote: I just realized I get into NZ fight night. Is this on free tv or is it pay per view. or do pubs have it on a big screen. thanks.

It's ppv. The Fox says it's showing the fight, so other pubs must be.
Last time apparently all the Burger Kings showed it and were packed

(07-24-2015, 09:49 AM)cranky Wrote: Cali!! Wish I was there you lucky boustard...   Have to sit it out here in UK and wait for the reports .... Sad

Where u been anyhow?
ESPN US is showing 3 Parker bouts only (not Horn or the others), and the Saglam fight was streamed on a free website. I don't want to post the name of the site right now in case the fight gets taken down, so I'll do it on the day of the fight for you guys who can't watch on PPV. It was pretty good quality.
Good footage of KB and Parker on TV3. Apologies for the early commercials. KB is right. Easy nite for Parker if he avoids the big shots. Tough nite if he doesn't. Enjoy:

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-joseph-parker-looking-to-use-brain-over-bowie-tupous-brawn-2015072315#axzz3gl88XJT7
Good to hear from KB
"Barry's main concern is Parker's vulnerability to the overhand right, a defensive weakness that has been exposed several times during his unbeaten 14-fight professional career. It's something they have worked hard on during their latest training camp in Las Vegas."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/70503220/trainer-kevin-barry-says-best-bowie-tupou-wont-beat-the-best-joseph-parker
(07-24-2015, 12:42 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Rumours are for spreading - saw this on Checkhook
"Rumour has it that Tupou knocked Kali Meehan out in sparring during the past week."

Tupou sparring Meehan and Browne ??? Jeepers.. Sounds like some pretty flash preparation as far as down-under goes... Though maybe a fast cruiser might have been more appropriate, given who he's facing??
Well, all three are Aussie's.  My bet is that there was a cruiser or small heavy as part of the sparring, but wasn't mentioned because it wasn't a big name.  To me, Tupou needs to find a way to get to Parker before he gets torn apart on the outside.
(07-24-2015, 09:49 AM)cranky Wrote: Cali!! Wish I was there you lucky boustard... Have to sit it out here in UK and wait for the reports .... Sad

Where u been anyhow?

gidday cranky. meat pie and mussel fritters coming right up.....lol. ya mate, should be a decent fight...thanks for the info gothenaki, tupou will be dangerous....if parker wins handily, even sham's on board.lol.
(07-24-2015, 01:01 PM)gothenaki Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 09:49 AM)cranky Wrote: Cali!! Wish I was there you lucky boustard...   Have to sit it out here in UK and wait for the reports .... Sad

Where u been anyhow?
ESPN US is showing 3 Parker bouts only (not Horn or the others), and the Saglam fight was streamed on a free website. I don't want to post the name of the site right now in case the fight gets taken down, so I'll do it on the day of the fight for you guys who can't watch on PPV. It was pretty good quality.

I'd love to know that free website, based in the UK but sick of reading round-by-round updates from people who don't know anything about boxing...
Also, just re-watched Kali Meehan v Michael Sprott on the Super 8 FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/Super8boxing?fref=nf

Sprott was all over him until Kali started hitting him in the back of the head. Can't see Parker being troubled by him at all.