Joseph Parker
(02-12-2019, 08:02 PM)bart Wrote: I think its prob 60-40 JP as far as bookies may look at it- younger fresher fighter v older journeyman who was KO'd last time out.
But I think its near enough 50-50 it all depends on how those contrasting styles come together on the night.
A loss hurts JP way more than Del

I'd give it 60/40 for Parker, mainly because he's faced a similar opponent in Whyte, and presumably knows what to expect. This is a great learning fight for Parker. Win well, and it'll do wonders for his confidence and fight plan against the elite.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/110586764/twist-of-fate-sees-joseph-parker-v-dereck-chisora-eyed-as-headline-act-for-london-fight-night
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/110646180/dereck-chisora-calls-out-joseph-parker-for-war-ahead-of-looming-london-fight-night
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12204475
What's important is that Mr Higgins will stick by Joe even when he loses, and will put him in smaller venues (NZ) when he can't get a big fight. I don't see Hearn doing that. Hearn would put him on undercards in the UK or US. Parker needs these smaller venues as he climbs the contender ladder. Of course, Hearn can help out Mr Higgins immeasurably like he did with Chisora. So what Parker needs is to stick with Mr Higgins, as he gets help from people like Arum and Hearn.

Oh, and get rid of KB!
(02-17-2019, 12:28 PM)diehard Wrote: What's important is that Mr Higgins will stick by Joe even when he loses, and will put him in smaller venues (NZ) when he can't get a big fight.  I don't see Hearn doing that.  Hearn would put him on undercards in the UK or US.  Parker needs these smaller venues as he climbs the contender ladder.  Of course, Hearn can help out Mr Higgins immeasurably like he did with Chisora.  So what Parker needs is to stick with Mr Higgins, as he gets help from people like Arum and Hearn.

Oh, and get rid of KB!

Yeah for Parker, it's good that he stays with Higgins as Higgins only has Parker to focus on and will put all his time into getting Parker bigger fights.
Higgins only has Parker? That is a question- I would have thought with the success he has had promoting JP fighters would be keen to join up,especially down under fighters.
The way he works with Hearn even UK fighters may benefit being signed to him
(02-17-2019, 03:45 PM)bart Wrote: Higgins only has Parker? That is a question- I would have thought with the success he has had promoting JP fighters would be keen to join up,especially down under fighters.

Mr Higgins only has Parker.
(02-17-2019, 03:45 PM)bart Wrote: Higgins only has Parker? That is a question- I would have thought with the success he has had promoting JP fighters would be keen to join up,especially down under fighters.
At the same time Higgins hasn't really shown much intent in getting more fighters to get promoted by him. It would be nice if he did decide to promote more local boxers but he doesn't seem overly keen on it.
(02-17-2019, 05:37 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
At the same time Higgins hasn't really shown much intent in getting more fighters to get promoted by him. It would be nice if he did decide to promote more local boxers but he doesn't seem overly keen on it.

He's had a few fighters here and there. Izu, Horn, and Berridge come to mind, but he's also had a couple of lesser fighters in years gone by. I believe he only has Parker now. And maybe Brown Butterbean??? I think he's spending more time doing what he used to do: putting on events thru Duco. Haven't spoken to him in awhile, but not sure. He's always been good to me, and used to come on here a fair amount and post.