Joseph Parker
I agree with Inferno, Flores was a guy that Jo could get out in 4 without the dirty tactics. Rebel had a shocker on the night and should have definitely given a breather and points deducted of JP. Being dirty is a new tactic for JP and I think its would have been perfect against Whyte but not some low level Flores.
KB didn't have JP prepared for Whyte. It was obvious he was gonna bring a dog fight and team Parker were not prepared. Showed KB was out of his depth again.
Instead KB had him prepared for low blows against Flores. A shocker of a fight considering what Die says about Flores in with a chance in a clean fight. Surely a bad omen for for traveling fighters to nz. But does Parker need home fights?
If it's Lucas Browne next, then he could definitely sell well in Auckland. Browne in Australia would be viable too, if not Chisora on the next AJ undercard at Wembley in England or even on the Wilder/Fury undercard wherever/whenever that may be. Plenty of options.
Been thinking about dirty fighting, and what to do. Seems to me that you get your fighter ready for all possibilities. You set out to have him fight clean, but if the opponent starts fighting dirty, or rough, as in the case of Whyte or Chisora, you defend yourself. Whyte did that with Chisora. Whyte fought his fight, countered Chisora when he was dirty, and KO'd him.

The problem with Whyte is that Parker didn't know what to do when he was headbutted and manhandled. So what he did, stupidly, is decide in the next fight that he'll fight dirty with a clean fighter.
Craig, Lucas Brown might just do the fight in nz, the officiating here as we have reconed is sub par and just might deter him perhaps. Might have to be in Aust if it gets made at all.

Die, the one boy I had would fight dirty because he was also a street fighter. The other boys wouldnt be interested in learning it. A fighter in my opinion should be clean but wary of his adversary, if his adversary does it foul then the ref should deal with it. Not so in the hapless Flores case, he was robbed of any chance of an all things equal competition.
(01-06-2019, 12:39 PM)shamrock Wrote: Craig, Lucas Brown might just do the fight in nz, the officiating here as we have reconed is sub par and just might deter him perhaps. Might have to be in Aust if it gets made at all.

Die, the one boy I had would fight dirty because he was also a street fighter. The other boys wouldnt be interested in learning it. A fighter in my opinion should be clean but wary of his adversary, if his adversary does it foul then the ref should deal with it. Not so in the hapless Flores case, he was robbed of any chance of an all things equal competition.

Browne met with Mr Higgins several months ago, so certainly a chance of the fight taking place in NZ. I'm sure Browne would have some caveat's put in place to ensure a fair fight...

The problem with your scenario, Sham, is that while the ref "should" sort it out, they don't always do, as in the case of Parker/Flores. If that happens, the victimised fighter has to take matters into his own hands. Or maybe the trainer does. After a second time, Flores (or his trainer) should have raised holy hell with Rebel. I know you would have as a trainer!

To me, there's a difference between defending yourself from a dirty fighter so that it's not one-sided, and practicing being a dirty fighter in training, and then taking it into the ring without provocation.
(01-06-2019, 02:00 PM)diehard Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:39 PM)shamrock Wrote: Craig, Lucas Brown might just do the fight in nz, the officiating here as we have reconed is sub par and just might deter him perhaps. Might have to be in Aust if it gets made at all.

Browne met with Mr Higgins several months ago, so certainly a chance of the fight taking place in NZ.  I'm sure Browne would have some caveat's put in place to ensure a fair fight...

The problem with your scenario, Sham, is that while the ref "should" sort it out, they don't always do, as in the case of Parker/Flores.  If that happens, the victimised fighter has to take matters into his own hands.  Or maybe the trainer does.  After a second time, Flores (or his trainer) should have raised holy hell with Rebel.  I know you would have as a trainer!

To me, there's a difference between defending yourself from a dirty fighter so that it's not one-sided, and practicing being a dirty fighter in training, and then taking it into the ring without provocation.

Funny thing is Die you hardly ever see two fighters get dirty the same bout.

The time I was telling you about at Otara ended spectacularly, the islanders were wearing shamrock gloves, straight after the fight I went to retrieve them and a ruckus ensued. ..funny as, I was incensed to get my gloves and they were in censed for a punchup. I got my gloves after much pushing and shoving in their dressing room haha, i had to undo them myself and pull them off...they were abusive and some punches were coming but none actually hit me. I didn't want my boys in it but my cornerman copped a few.
Two fights come to mind: Tyson/Holyfield, and more recently, Chisora/Whyte. I take your point though: Neither of these fighters were consistently dirty. Took turns. Usually happened a few times during the fight.

How come both fighters had Shamrock gloves?
(01-06-2019, 04:26 PM)diehard Wrote: Two fights come to mind:  Tyson/Holyfield, and more recently, Chisora/Whyte.  I take your point though: Neither of these fighters were consistently dirty.  Took turns.  Usually happened a few times during the fight.

How come both fighters had Shamrock gloves?

Die, promoter was short on fight gloves, rang me previously to borrow some