Joseph Parker
I don't necessarily believe that Barry is critical to Joes previous successes. Duco definitely.

Joe could have done just as well with a different trainer.
(01-03-2019, 09:54 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:04 PM)shamrock Wrote: African Monkey is really a monkey and should stay in Africa. Joe Parker isn't a good role model in our country fighting dirty and needs to clean up his act. The duco circus gets sillier and sillier while Parker and Barry get dumber and dumber. It'll be damn hard to get good overseas fighters to travel here now, the officiating was disgusting and amateurish..

I think no matter what JP, Barry and Duco did you'll find something to complain about. Gotta cut down and criticize those tall poppies to make our pleb lives seem all the more better.

Don't worry about it mate Sham is a massive fan of theirs and always buys their PPVs.
(01-02-2019, 10:04 PM)shamrock Wrote: African Monkey is really a monkey and should stay in Africa. Joe Parker isn't a good role model in our country fighting dirty and needs to clean up his act. The duco circus gets sillier and sillier while Parker and Barry get dumber and dumber. It'll be damn hard to get good overseas fighters to travel here now, the officiating was disgusting and amateurish..

I think no matter what JP, Barry and Duco did you'll find something to complain about. Gotta cut down and criticize those tall poppies to make our pleb lives seem all the more better.

Yep, Sham complained about Tua too. Loved Cameron though. I do think that that last fight left a dirty mark on NZ boxing for fighters coming overseas, at least at the elite level. Can't see Joe ever fighting in NZ again.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/109726081/matchmaking-issues-a-stumbling-block-for-ambitious-joseph-parker
Browne is surely next....
Barry is limited. Which limits his fighter. My guess is JP will get into mandatory at some point again but never win another Top belt.
I've said it before - JP at age 30 will be a BEAST - and may become the best HW we have ever produced... Great trainer or not....

He still has time on his side.
Having said that, if the hunger was no longer there I actually favoured Retirement for Parker after he won his $$ millions this year.

But his hunger continues so on we go...
(01-03-2019, 11:18 PM)diehard Wrote:

Yep, Sham complained about Tua too.  Loved Cameron though.  I do think that that last fight left a dirty mark on NZ boxing for fighters coming overseas, at least at the elite level.  Can't see Joe ever fighting in NZ again.

Loved Tua. Admit I dont like Parker, even less after his dirty rampage
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2019/01/boxing-trainer-eugene-bareman-adds-spice-to-growing-parker-fa-rivalry.html