Joseph Parker
Does anyone know who the matchmaker is for Duco? For the undercard fights that is, not Parker.
I used to know, but I forgot. Why not get on Duco's webpage and click contacts and ask Mr Higgins?

I suggest that Duco look through the top ten heavyweights in OZ and select one. Maybe Ben Edwards? Izu is a very good fighter, and he needs to be matched right.
I think Duco don't give a rats about any other boxer in NZ or Aus, other than their own. Or for that matter do they care about NZ Boxing!!

Sorry to be overly negative but I've personally had a guts full of Duco. They are in it for themselves, they put on crap shows, and have no respect for Boxing NZ.

Just my opinion... Smile
I spoke to Mr Higgins several years ago, and he seemed quite approachable.  My wife spoke to him about the fetal alcohol guy who was in prison, and he listened and changed his mind about him fighting.

I agree that they've had some stinkers, but I think this show is much better than in previous years.  No circus acts, no celebs.  Time will tell whether the boxing public will continue or withdraw support for them.

I guess my question with the upcoming fights was Izu fighting a guy (Pati) where he was mis-matched, and Butterbean fighting twice.

Anyway, Dannyboy, what's bothering you the most about the undercard?
As you say Die, there's no circus acts or celebs this time round, the message "did" get through the boxing public wont tolerate it, or would people buy PPV.

My issue is, the undercard is okay and got a couple of worthy fighters, but not much thought went into the match-ups.

We all realise putting on promotions is about making money first, but they'd make a hell of a lot more if they showed Boxing NZ (and the knowledgeable boxing public) they actually cared about the sport!!

Ask yourself this? If Joseph got KO'd badly and his chin went (god forbid), what would they do with him then?
If Baby Joseph got KO'd badly, they would try to salvage him by putting him in with someone who he could beat but would be a rivalry and earn a lot of money. I'm thinking maybe Cameron or even Sonny Bill.

That's why Duco needs to be careful who they call on in the top 10. Look, I thought Williams or Minto might KO him, but he did well. I'm hoping that his time sparring with Stiverne, and then Klit, will help Duco and KB evaluate where he is, and where to take their risks with top fighters.

I don't think Duco is looking for excellent match-ups as much as putting certain boxers on their cards that are fan favs. Like Buttabean and Blackbourne. Izu comes by way of KB.
Izu is now fighting Julius Long, good replacement IMO
Very good match-up. Long is still living in NZ, I think, as a bouncer. He's got size, of course, and a lot of experience. Will give Izu a much better fight than Pati.
tm7, haven't seen any mention of Long being on the undercard with Izu. Is it confirmed?
Found it, tm7. Thanks for the heads up. It's not on the Duco website yet, though.

Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North, New Zealand view

heavyweight Joseph Parker SC Yakup Saglam 12

welterweight Jeff Horn SC Richmond Djarbeng 12

heavyweight Izuagbe Ugonoh SC Julius Long 8

super welterweight Bowyn Morgan SC Luke Travers 6

super middleweight Joe Blackbourn SC Friday Nwaiwu 6

heavyweight David Letele SC JJ Smith 4x2

heavyweight David Letele SC Lordly Kaihua 4x2