Klitschko v AJ: nzboxchat predictions
Lets get all predictions in here.

I got AJ by ko in round 3

Main reasons are i looked at the klitschko training footage and he still looks like he cant pull the trigger and hes not punching anywhere near as fast as he used to.

With his chin problems the man can't afford a dogfight so he needs to keep it at range but i dont think he can do that anymore against a guy with equal reach and faster hands.

Klitschko is not a rugged veteran who will be able to outlast joshua in a torrid fight like Carl Froch did to george groves.

I see this being fairly straightforward for joshua tbh.
It's obvious that AJ must be the man in this fight BUT I'm still hoping Klitschko, at least he puts up a stirling effort and lasts awhile IF he must go down.
Yep, AJ by KO in the 8th.
I'm picking Wlad by KO, round three.
Too big of a step up for AJ imo. I do hope AJ wins though.
Tough one to pick as no-one knows how much Klitschko has left and Joshua being a rather unknown quantity at this sort of level. If Klitschko can survive AJs early onslaught in the first 3 or so rounds unscathed then I feel that the fight is his for the taking.

Klitschko TKO 7.
(04-25-2017, 05:20 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Tough one to pick as no-one knows how much Klitschko has left and Joshua being a rather unknown quantity at this sort of level. If Klitschko can survive AJs early onslaught in the first 3 or so rounds unscathed then I feel that the fight is his for the taking.

Klitschko TKO 7.

Well that doesn't say a lot for the up and comers.. unless as you're thinking Klit may rule for another year or so. Hope your right.
This is a hard call. I see this fight as a passing of a torch type scenario. But....it's a big step up for AJ. He has had an easy ride so far. Arguably gifted gold medal in Olympics, best training facilities, MBE, the perfect opponents early, the Charles Martin belt gift.... but exactly how does he handle a step up from Eric Molina to Wladimir Klitschko?

It's a big step up, but AJ has been blowing guys away.

I've fluctuated between Wlad to AJ to Wlad.

I look back at Wlads last 2 opponents. Jennings head down and survived 12 rounds. Wlad determined it was an outing to just get through. Fury was a different beast. Taller and awkward. Never has Wlad had to deal with a fighter like Fury, he didn't pull the trigger because at every opportunity a feint and a switch from Fury stopped Wlads momentum.

AJ isn't awkward. He isn't taller. Wlad has seen a predictable style like AJ before. That is the reason why I'm going with...

WLAD KLITSCHKO UD
(04-25-2017, 05:37 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 05:20 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Tough one to pick as no-one knows how much Klitschko has left and Joshua being a rather unknown quantity at this sort of level. If Klitschko can survive AJs early onslaught in the first 3 or so rounds unscathed then I feel that the fight is his for the taking.

Klitschko TKO 7.

Well that doesn't say a lot for the up and comers.. unless as you're thinking Klit may rule for another year or so. Hope your right.

People say that Klitschko is reluctant to throw punches these days but Fury didn't really allow Klitschko to settle with his movement and control of the distance during their fight, something Fury gets zero credit for. AJ isn't going to pose those same problems that Fury caused for Klitschko and stylistically will probably play more into Klitschko's hands with his lack of movement which will help Klitschko to get his jab going, something that Fury wouldn't let him do.

AJ will come out hard no doubt with the crowd behind him and look to end it quickly imo, but I feel that Klitschko still has the experience to nulify his threat and take control of things from about the 4th round onwards and lead to a mid to late round tko.
AJ KO in 2
Wlad is a Champion and I'm predicting a championship round win 11/12th round KO

Wlad is too focused this time, winning the mental game and as always brings the physical game too.

Wlad been in camp for over a year, will box AJ's ears off, use movement, jab clinch grab, break reset. He will hold back his power punches till he sees those hands dropping lower.

AJ has been showing him too much respect and will falter at the big time against the Steelhammer gassing badly after the 8th round

Too big a test for someone that is used to fighting smaller static guys that just earmuff up.