Heavyweight Division
On ESB they are really giving Joshua a hard time for refusing to fight Martin for the IBF crown.

Actually - I have to agree. Martin is the easiest belt anyone can imagine.

So why isn't Parker baying at the moon and offering 1 MIL to fight the guy?

There may never be a better opportunity. STEP UP, DUCO !!!
Why would you fight a Chisora or Jennings but not Martin for a belt, they are all similar calibre fighters I reckon, they will all be tough fights.

AJ reckons he wont get those extra development fights as champ and he'd be expected to fight tough guys every fight, kind of bs when you look at who Wilder has been fighting lately.
Below is a post from ESB that says it all. I tend to agree-

"Two months ago, if Parker signed to fight Martin, everyone would be saying that Parker should stop him and that Parker had already beaten tougher guys.

And it would be true.

I don't know why Czar Glazkov twisting his knee has suddenly made Charles Martin a feared guy. But it's dumb.

WHOEVER FIGHTS CHARLES MARTIN NEXT will be the new IBF Heavyweight champion.

Whoever accepts the date is the new champ.

If it's Joshua, he's the new champ. If it's Parker, he's the new champ. If it's Szpilka, he's the new champ. If it's Breazeale, he's the new champ. If it's Gerald Washington, he's the new IBF champ. If it's Oscar Rivas, he's the new IBF champ. If Amir Mansour's tongue and jaw heal, and he takes the fight, he's the new IBF champ.

Maybe not Arreola, since he's not even as good as he once was, and even when he was at his best it wasn't good enough. But I'd give Arreola a 50-50 shot.

Charles Martin is not good. Turning down an IBF title shot with Charles Martin sitting there with the belt is insane.

I can't stress enough what a dumb decision this for anyone to not take this fight. Whoever fights Martin next will beat him ... and that guy will be tougher to take the title from."
Martin is much better than this chap gives him credit for, no way do Breazeale, Washington or Mansour beat him.

He would have beaten Glazkov any way, AJ and Parker have very hard nights if they want a title and I don't know enough about Rivas he just seems like a can crusher, I doubt he beats Martin.
I think Martin would be a tough fight...considering he is a taller southpaw makes things tough anyway. There is not much difference between the the people ranked within the 6-20 area...depending on their mental state when they come to fight.
James - the point he is making is that this is the EASIEST way to get a major belt in years.

Martin has beat literally no-one.

Why is Parker looking to take on Takam rather than fight Martin?

Martin is the easier, surely.

And it is for the IBF CROWN.

Throw some money at it and get it done. This is the moment, DUCO !!!
I do agree that if you think you can beat Takam, then you might as well challenge Martin now.

Not sure if its an easier or harder fight but neither fights are gimmes and the reward is obviously much greater
AJ and Hearns have the responsibility to make the right decision. With their cautious sound fight intelligence AJ could become lineal world for a decade.
Actually - Takam has fought by far the harder fighters.

Martin literally has fought NO-ONE that anyone has heard of.

Offer him 1 MIL and take the title off the guy.

If not Parker, someone will.

-Kiwi
What happens if Wilder gets in 1st and the WBC allows him to unify?, where to for all the prospects/contenders?