Heavyweight Division
I honestly can't remember, but yes, I did think that they were going after a top ten guy in April. Now it's top 25. But these rankings are arbitrary, in that some guys are in the top ten and shouldn't be, and some aren't and should be. Given Parker's ranking, they are looking to use that to get an eliminator or mandatory in July. Doubt that would be in NZ. Parker wants to fight in the UK.
While I agree JP might be outgrowing Duco's capabilities and finances a bit, it's important to realise that without Duco, Joe would just be another talented boxer who didn't make the Olympics and ended up stacking timber. Duco made him and he knows that. They set him up with Sir Bob then KB paying for everything, they sent him to the US and got him international opponents and they raised his profile massively. I think they deserve to do well out of their investment before sending him off to the US or UK, hopefully later this year before moving their focus to another fighter or two and doing it all again.
I agree with TM7. Joe has got Duco and KB to thank for massive progress and opportunities that other fighters could only dream of

He has been very well matched and trained and promoted

Every good prospect in the world tries what Joe has done - fight lower level guys until the big paydays start.

It would have been stupid to rush him

Now he is ready. Well done to all concerned

-Kiwi
Its all good saying where would Parker be without Duco but what about the flip side? Duco would be nothing without Parker, there promotions are awful. If you took certain fights from there bills over the years there would probably be enough for one good card. Not 10 @$40 a throw. Joshua's last fight sold out, 20,000 tickets in six hours (10,000 in the first hour). Massive ppv revenue, and even though its left a few question marks over Joshua has made him recognisable to the casual fan, great promoting. Parker fought in the boxing hot bed of Samoa, 2,000 locals probably paying $10 a head, whilst Duco milked the kiwi paying public against a tomato can! Time to ditch Duco and make a name for himself. Otherwise this time next year he'll still be fighting dross and stalling.
If you look at the last Anthony Joshua PPV which cost $33 in england

Joshua v Whyte
Mitchell vs Barroso
Bellew vs Masternak (there was a rocky villan on this card!)
Campell vs Mendy
Euank Jr vs O'sullivan
Malinaggi and Chisora also appearing

Thats 6 3 star fights on boxrec, you have a former world champion and 3 title challengers, meanwhile duco are charging $40 a pop for Parker in 2 star fights and the only real undercard horn who they have lost and brown bean

it's no comparrison, and it's clear to see Duco are getting by on Joe.

I know it's harder to get good fighters down here but these Duco cards are worth $19.99, they have already made a healthy profit off Joe, he doesn't owe them at this stage
Also just got word

Chisora vs Pulev for the european title

waiting on confimation, great fight if true.
(02-02-2016, 01:21 AM)Infern0 Wrote: Also just got word

Chisora vs Pulev for the european title

waiting on confimation, great fight if true.

Will be interesting to see who Joshua fights if Chisora is off the table, I thoguth that was all but locked in.. AJ's oppopent for April 9th being announced this week apparently
Pulev hasn't been mentioned hardly at all in any of the tournaments or key match-ups. I really rate him, and look forward to seeing how he does with Chisora.

Thanks for the heads-up, infern0
Inferno, awesome down to earth thank you. Great for this site.
Ah - I think you have a convert there, Sham.

Personally, I am willing to give Duco the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They say 2016 will be the "step up" year. By April and July we will know.

Let us wait till then.

-Kiwi