Heavyweight Division
(09-27-2015, 03:50 PM)Jamieson Wrote: WTF were the judges watching in the Breazeale vs Kassi fight? A draw or a close lose sure, but those cards? Ridiculous!

That 100-90 is one of the most inept (or corrupt) scorecards i've ever seen.
They landed the same amount of punches, but I think Kassi deserved at least a draw because he made Brezeale miss so much, he looked like a blind drunk at times. Even when Brezeale connected, half of them were grazes or caught on the gloves. Kassi wasn't always landing with a lot of power, but he was landing flush

It's almost like the judge is giving everyone the middle finger?
Just take a look at who some of these so called "elite" ranked fighters are fighting. I'm talking Wilder, Ruiz, Martin.
Damn that Johann Duhaupas is one TOUGH guy. Wilder a left eye was almost swollen shut if Duhaupas had more power you would think he would of been able to KO Wilder. I think Povetkin knocks out Wilder when they meet.
(09-27-2015, 07:42 PM)diehard Wrote: Just take a look at who some of these so called "elite" ranked fighters are fighting.  I'm talking Wilder, Ruiz, Martin.

Ruiz Jr can't knock out the 139th ranked Cruiserweight, who took the fight on 2 days notice

Martin easily KO's 159th ranked heavfy 6ft Sandez (similar to Tupou rankings wise). Did what he had to do, but once Fury and Glazkov get their mandatories, he's the top ranked challenger for the WBO and IBF without fighting anybody!

Wilder beat up Duhaupas, but from the punch stats, they must have been counting the ones that hit the gloves, and the commentators were insanely biased. Wilder walks straight back with his head up - someones going to make him pay unless he stops doing that
What do you mean once Fury and Glazkov get their mandatories??? You mean when Fury fights Klit and Glazkov fights ??? And then those two fade, leaving Martin as the #1 challenger?

I know some guys pulled out, like Ruiz's opponent, but still...
Just saw the Breazeale vs Kassi fight. I agree, it was a fairly close fight. I give Breazeale the nod mainly due to the fact that he threw more punches and connected. But Kassi was in that fight. Breazeale would be a good fight for Parker. He's undefeated, tall, and very beatable. It's a wonder he's not ranked in any of the alphabets.

I thought the Wilder fight was good. Wilder is fast, powerful, and in good shape. He'd give Klit trouble with is size also. I think Klit eventually gets thru Wilder's defence, but he'd definitely make it interesting.
(09-27-2015, 09:37 PM)urydiehard Wrote: What do you mean once Fury and Glazkov get their mandatories???  You mean when Fury fights Klit and Glazkov fights ???  And then those two fade, leaving Martin as the #1 challenger?

I know some guys pulled out, like Ruiz's opponent, but still...
Exactly
If Klit beats Fury, Glazkov is Klits next mando (IBF). Fury and Glazkov are the only guys rated above Martin in the WBO and IBF, so when they lose, Martin becomes the mandatory in 2 alphabets
Not that I live and die by boxrec, but Martin is rated 34th. 34th. And his best victory is against Raphael Love, who's lost 9 fights. 9. Unbelievable that he's in line for a title shot. I hope Klit passes him over and fights someone else. Here's his record:

http://boxrec.com/boxer/631078
I thought that he gave a good account of himself, despite getting an ass whooping:

Duhaupas: I don’t know why he stopped the fight

Battered and bloodied heavyweight Johann Duhaupas says he still had plenty of fight left when referee Jack Reiss waved off his brave challenge against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder in round eleven on Saturday night in Birmingham, Alabama.

“Wilder’s a strong puncher but I was also ready to go the distance,” said Duhaupas. “I don’t think the referee should have stopped the fight. I was defending myself and moving. I don’t know why he stopped the fight. Yes I was bleeding but it was not affecting me in any way. I have never been stopped before in a fight and there’s a reason for that. It was disappointing he chose to stop it. I trained hard for this fight but only trained five weeks which for me is not enough time. I was still fighting a good fight and again I don’t think the referee should have stopped it.

“Wilder is a good fighter. I think he is tough and hit me with some good shots. But I also think he should have more preparation to go to the next level. He can compete with Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin but he needs to train hard and have a strong game plan.

“I’m okay and will continue my boxing career in Europe.”
Read these comments about Wilder, and the video, and tell me what you think:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/deontay-wilder-defeats-johann-duhaupas/47192#more-47192