Heavyweight Division
...and size Sham. Parker will have to use his speed and combinations instead of his jab so much. I hate conjecture too. Of course you never know who's gonna win until they fight! That's why they fight. Having seen both Meehan and Whyte fight, I THINK that Meehan would win. I've never seen you fight either Sham, but if you and I were to fight, I think YOU would win. Why, cause Fai told me you had tricks.

What I hate more than that is when they have hypothetical legends fight. Like, could Ali beat Klit?
Hahaha Die, fai is hypothetical as well lol
err, there are several ways to avoid punches, one of em is not turn up....haha
Fai isn't a real person, Sham. Hate to break it to you. His posts are automated computer responses. He's not real. Meehan will be Parker's toughest fight so far. Just as Tupou was. The kid is progressing...just don't know what his level is until he's challenged more. So, as you say, it's all hypothetical until he loses. I have no problem with Parker taking his time before he faces a top ten guy. But, he has to keep moving forward with his opponents or the pundits won't pay. Go too fast, he gets exposed. Go too slow, he loses his base. So far, so good. Stay tuned.
I agree Whyte didn't look great vs Minto but what did he have to fear? I think he should have used that fight as preparation to work on things for Joshua but I guess he's thinking he already holds an psychological advantage over Joshua having hurt him, dropped him and defeated him in the ams.

What has Meehan done recently to make you think he beats Whyte Die? I say Whyte wrecks him within 5!
I don't care who it is but I think Parker needs to fight someone his own age, maybe another beatable prospect with a zero. Even if just to mix it up from the old journeymen every once in a while.
...because Minto was able to hit Whyte with ease with some big shots. He was just too small. Meehan has much more power, and could do at least as well as Minto in getting to Whyte's chin. He'd KO Whyte. BUT, Meehan should have carried on after he beat Cameron and fought guys like Whyte. I have no idea what he still has in the tank. We'll find out October 15th.

I agree, tm7. Parker needs to get rid of the senior circuit and fight guys his own age. Not a good look. I'd have him fight prospects with good records, like Whyte.
(09-19-2015, 11:40 PM)Jamieson Wrote: I agree Whyte didn't look great vs Minto but what did he have to fear? I think he should have used that fight as preparation to work on things for Joshua but I guess he's thinking he already holds an psychological advantage over Joshua having hurt him, dropped him and defeated him in the ams.

What has Meehan done recently to make you think he beats Whyte Die? I say Whyte wrecks him within 5!

Too true Jamieson, what did Whyte have to fear with Minto. Meehan would be a different scenario...
Minto took the fight on short notice.
(09-20-2015, 05:16 PM)diehard Wrote: Minto took the fight on short notice.

Nascimento took the Parker fight on short notice and was doing damage. Whyte walked through him in 2 rounds. Kind of like comparing apples and oranges...

Meehan barely scraped past Sam and Sprott also hurt him. Whyte would put him in hospital!

Do you think Parker would fight Whyte at this stage like Joshua is?
Jamieson, you had asked in a previous post about Whyte using the Minto fight to get ready for Joshua.  I'm just replying that he couldn't because his fight with ??? fell thru at the last minute, and then drafted in Minto, who is nothing like Joshua.  

Would Parker fight Whyte?  In a heart beat.  I just don't rate Whyte that highly.  He has power, and is big, but is out of shape and easy to hit.  Parker would destroy him, just like AJ will.

Who has he fought?  Minto has been his toughest opponent.  To use your words, his rep should be based on merit, not potential:

http://boxrec.com/boxer/569964