Heavyweight Division
(08-03-2015, 09:06 PM)shamrock Wrote: I didn't get to see Quarries fight with Izzy, can anyone tell me how he was going before the ko...? Quarry has some skills, but was he out of his depth??

Here's the full fight from Izu's corner.

Quarrie didn't do too badly, but it did feel like a car crash waiting to happen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57eAoKwpOpg
Thanks buddy much appreciated
Can see what you mean naki a car crash about to happen
Apparently Wilder has made Hughie Fury an offer for his September fight...
Izu barely punched in the first round as Quarrie kept his left hand low. Very little action. Second round, Quarrie was caught in the corner, tried to throw an uppercut and Izu countered with a right. Quarrie went flying into a corporate table, upsetting several plates with peas and roast on it. Scary moment. Then he was ok. At least he didn't get hit with a SKIP PUNCH.

Quarrie is a club fighter fighting a world class fighter, who's probably ranked in the top 100. Mis-match.
Totally agree about a mismatch die, I mentioned to Quarries manager a few weeks ago after I heard about it that it was a bad matching for William and he hasn't spoken to me since...
Wasn't Chris Quarrie's manager/trainer? Thought I saw him in the corner with a shaved head.
I see szpilka and 3 other Poles all fighting at Prudential Center in NJ in a couple weeks. Tapping into the huge Polish following Tomasz Adamek built up there during his US fighting days. Smart!

I went to one of Adamek's fights there a few years back- it was like we were at a home venue in Poland!

Ugonoh should be tapping into that sentiment too and making it a US home base...

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/szpilka-and-sulecki-headline-tarvercunningham-undercard
Btw- Ugonoh's KO of Quarrie went viral..  Almost 700,000 views on YouTube as of right now. Makes the promoters' job a whole lot easier, especially if they want to launch the Parker/Ugonoh team on a new audience like mainstream US, you've got to say!
KB said Izu is fighting for a regional title next. OK, but he needs to stretch himself and fight a credible opponent. Feel sorry for Quarrie. You get knocked the f**k out, badly, and 700,000 see it?