Heavyweight Division
The only guy that Klit has fought that was taller than him in the last few years was Wach, who is very slow and doesn't have Furys skills. Fury is much taller (3 inches is a lot in boxing). I don't give Fury much of a chance, but have seen plenty of fights where a bigger man is hard to hit. He does tuck his head in and roll his shoulder up well, and has got much better at catching bombs with his hands.
I'd say his only chance is a very ugly points decision, as long as the judges count his weak backhand jabs (from his southpaw stance) as punches.
More likely is that Klit will walk through that and KO him
(07-08-2015, 10:26 PM)gothenaki Wrote: The only guy that Klit has fought that was taller than him in the last few years was Wach, who is very slow and doesn't have Furys skills. Fury is much taller (3 inches is a lot in boxing). I don't give Fury much of a chance, but have seen plenty of fights where a bigger man is hard to hit. He does tuck his head in and roll his shoulder up well, and has got much better at catching bombs with his hands.
I'd say his only chance is a very ugly points decision, as long as the judges count his weak backhand jabs (from his southpaw stance) as punches.
More likely is that Klit will walk through that and KO him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2516107-wladimir-klitschko-vs-tyson-fury-head-to-toe-breakdown-of-title-fight?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boxing
Good find, Sham. I think this will be an easy, but different fight for Klit. Instead of tying Fury up, he'll just outbox him until he connects with a left-right, then it's lights out.
Sadly I'm not a rich man but I will put almost every dollar I have on this being this a publicity stunt.
From everything I've read it seems there is very little chance of Vitali fighting again and even if he did why would it be against Hughie Fury??? Especially when its not even the main event and not for a title???
The only way I could see him fighting again was if Tyson Fury beat Klit and he wanted to keep the titles in the family but still very unlikely.
Would be interesting if they called the Fury's bluff and said Vitali would take the fight!

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2015/07/09/news/vitali-v-hughie-peter-fury-eyes-klitschko-v-fury-double-on-october-24?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
yup, agreed- its a publicity stunt....
Joshua opponent named: Dillian Whyte

When unbeaten 2012 Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist heavyweight Anthony Joshua (13-0, 13 KOs) pulled out of a July 18 fight at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England, it was announced that he would instead be focusing on a “major title bout” on September 12 at The O2 in London. It was announced today by promoter Eddie Hearn that Joshua’s opponent will be Dillian Whyte (14-0, 11 KOs) with the British heavyweight title on the line. Hearn also announced that the Joshua-Whyte bout will now be in November or December due to a hand injury suffered by Whyte, but that Whyte will fight on an August 1 Matchroom card. Whyte previously defeated Joshua in an amateur bout, and Hearn promised “the build-up will be fierce.”
Yes AJ should win but I'm really looking forward to the Dillian Whyte fight!
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chagaev-246-vs-pianeta-242-5-297281
(WBA “regular” heavyweight title) what is that title Die?
Sham, I remember when Vitali gave up his title, but I thought that was the WBC which was up for grabs with Wilder and Stiverne. Of course, Wilder won.

I love the quotes around regular. I looked at the rankings, and it has both W. Klit and Chagaev as the champ. Makes no sense to me, but someone who has been following the chronology of the alphabets would probably know. Would hate for Klit to have to beat Chagaev to get the sole title back. After he beats Fury, then Wilder, what's left for Klit?