Heavyweight Division
(12-03-2016, 11:46 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 11:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 11:29 PM)Msreef Wrote: Lol Joshua will be the #1 fighter on boxrec without having beaten a true top 20 opponent.

Eric Molina is ranked #10 and Charles Martin was #7 when AJ beat him

BoxRec aside, do you really think Molina and Martin were top 20 opponents?

Molina is low end top 20 based on stopping Adamek and putting up a decent effort against wilder

Martin was lower top 10 imo at the time. Unbeaten with a early ko over glazkov who was another young unbeaten with a good resume.

The division wasn't exactly popping but I'd have ranked Martin 8-9 at that stage. A lot of people thought he was useful, it's revisionist history that he was a bum.
Martin beat Glaskov in the third round, due to Glaskov having an injury.
Molina lost his first professional fight, and got KO'd against Arreola in the first round. Molina was losing on the scorecards to Adamek before KO'ing him. The guy is a poor boxer, with a decent punch.

Let's be very generous and say that Joshua hasn't beaten a top 15 opponent. Rating him #1 in the world is a joke. There's several guys that should be rated higher than Joshua, including guys that don't have belts.

But hey, if AJ knocks out Wlad mid next year, he moves to the #1 active fighter imo.
1. W klitschko
2. A povetkin (although I think his days are numbered)
3. D wilder
4. A joshua
5. D Haye
6. J parker

These would be my rankings but I base it on a combination of wins AND the eye test.

If joshua sparks molina in impressive fashion he jumps above wilder imo, Parker would have to do ruiz in spectacular fashion for me to move him above joshua. But if joshua struggles and parker looks good idea switch them around.

Klitschko, povetkin and Haye are very neat the end imo so I think the other guys on the list are going to be the top 3 soon.

Tyson fury is the best fighter at the weight but has gone insane, and I'm not decided on hughie fury yet, he could be great or he could be just fringe world class.

Luis Ortiz is honestly about 45 years old and he's not going to amount to anything before he hits the wall
Fight starts at 12min

Thanks for that. Looks like Peter quit from fatness:

Pulev stops Peter in four
IBF #2, WBC #3, WBO #10, WBA #11 heavyweight contender Kubrat Pulev (24-1, 13 KOs) stopped former WBC heavyweight kingpin Samuel Peter (36-5, 29 KOs) on Saturday night at the Arena Armeec in Sofia, Bulgaria. It was pretty much target practice for Pulev against Peter, who was slow and very thick around the waist. With the win, Pulev claimed the vacant WBA Inter-Continental heavyweight title.
Seriously what was the point of Pulev's camp taking on that fight? Makes Luis Ortiz v Dave Allen look competitive.
Peter looked absolutely shattered then gave up, clearly there for a pay day. Also surprising he collected Pulev a couple of times pretty clean with the looping overhand
As much as Haye is all toot toot yah yah blah blah he actually nailed the state of UK boxing at the moment...

(12-04-2016, 01:31 AM)Infern0 Wrote: 1. W klitschko
2. A povetkin (although I think his days are numbered)
3. D wilder
4. A joshua
5. D Haye
6. J parker

These would be my rankings but I base it on a combination of wins AND the eye test.

If joshua sparks molina in impressive fashion he jumps above wilder imo, Parker would have to do ruiz in spectacular fashion for me to move him above joshua. But if joshua struggles and parker looks good idea switch them around.

Klitschko, povetkin and Haye are very neat the end imo so I think the other guys on the list are going to be the top 3 soon.

Tyson fury is the best fighter at the weight but has gone insane, and I'm not decided on hughie fury yet, he could be great or he could be just fringe world class.

Luis Ortiz is honestly about 45 years old and he's not going to amount to anything before he hits the wall

Perfect top 6. 
AJ
Parker
Ortiz
Haye
Fury
Klit
Povetkin
Wilder
All in no particular order until they fight each other.
And then Pulev and Browne to round out my top 10.