NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 07-18-2016

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/izu-ugonoh-the-dancing/59010

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Stu Duncan - 07-20-2016

Ya gotta love some of the keyboard critics .. Izu hasnt fought since late last year is the first thing i say .. now lets look at a little bit of history and some of the bigger names and the records of their 16th opponents ..

Wladimir Klitschko 9-3-1 who had only won 3 of his last 6 outings
Mike Tyson 19-5 and had only won 2 of his last 6 fights
Shannon Briggs 11-7 and only won 2 of his last 6
Deontay Wilder 6-6 who had only won 2 of his last 6 and was coming of 4 consecutive losses
Tyson Fury 20-8-1 who had lost 2 of his previous 6 fights.
David Tua 22-21-1 who had won 2 of his last 6

All of the above went onto greatness in varying degrees.
All of the above were active - not coming off an 8 month lay off
Why should Izu be doing it any differently to those guys?

His opponent has had one less fight than Izu and his solitary loss was his 2nd fight against an opponent who was 16-0 (no shame in this loss). 2 fights ago he KO'd an opponent 9-1
Compare the records of Ramirez's opponents versus izu's and there isnt a whole lot of difference.

The reason i dont post a whole lot in here is because of some of the bullshit responses. Do your research or ask questions and i will provide you with rationale. Izu will shake of his rust and we are negotiating some more meaningful fights for him as he is now 16-0 and needs to be stepping up the level of opposition to prepare him for what lays ahead.

Some of the negative responses amuse me .. let me ask you this. How many fights have you matched? How many boxers have you guided into world title contention? How many of the knockers had a successful fight career and had to work with a matchmaker who knew what he was doing (in other words you're basing your opinions on experience) .. I would suggest most are keyboard critics with plenty of time on their hands.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - African Monkey - 07-20-2016

Hahaha welcome to the world of forums where you will get people like myself and others expressing their opinions and criticising match ups like this as we are impatient fans that know how much potential Izu has. It's nothing personal, it's just the beauty of forums. Thank you for coming on and replying though, much appreciated (from me anyway haha).

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 07-20-2016

Fair enough Stu, it's his first comeback fight. Now that you've said we can expect him to be stepped up soon we will be looking forward to his next fight eagerly.

Can you tell us anymore about who JP could be fighting after Haumono? Is that fight a done deal or is it still being worked out? Can you rule in or out Browne? I think that would be a great fight before AJ.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 07-20-2016

You make perfect sense, Stu.  He's looking to get back in the ring after a 7 month layoff.  I still believe Izu will KO him by the second round, but I expect that, as I really rate Izu.  We'll have to see on the night how good Ramirez is.  Regardless, Ramirez record will help move Izu up the rankings, which is what we all want.

This forum has gone thru similar issues with Parker, and now he's the #1 mandatory before his 20th fight.  Impressive.  I think the difference is that Stu is a matchmaker, and wants to match what's best for the fighter in his career.  As a fan, we want competitive fights where the result might be in doubt.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - NakiFan - 07-20-2016

Welcome Stu. Please don't let this be a lone post as you can bring a very unique perspective into this forum. As said before there is real interest in Izu as he looks like a serious prospect in the HW division. I think that is why people are wanting top quality opposition.

Regards
NakiFan

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Steven - 07-20-2016

Look at you guys. Anyone would think Robina was back with how quickly you have bent down.

Stu - Appreciate you stopping by again. I hope you don't consider things like 'Izu is better than this?' or, 'We enjoy watching Izu fight, wish he had someone to work against?' as negative responses. I understand the rust rational. The rest is nonsense. Why do anything differently from 10, 20, 30 years ago? Why bother stepping up next fight? I could 'do the research' and find you a list of fighters that went on to greatness that were fighting 'this level of opponent' in their 20th fight. Hell, Deontay has that list covered into the 30 fight range.

I appreciate what you do, and what you are trying to do for these guys. I do. And I get we aren't your target audience. But we are interested.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - craigyid14 - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 03:52 AM)Stu Duncan Wrote: Ya gotta love some of the keyboard critics .. Izu hasnt fought since latisn't worthy st year is the first thing i say .. now lets look at a little bit of history and some of the bigger names and the records of their 16th opponents ..

Wladimir Klitschko  9-3-1 who had only won 3 of I assis last 6 outings
Mike Tyson 19-5 and had only won 2 of his last 6 fights
Shannon Briggs 11-7 and only won 2 of his last 6
Deontay Wilder 6-6 who had only won 2 of his last 6 and was coming of 4 consecutive losses
Tyson Fury 20-8-1 who had lost 2 of his previous 6 fights.
David Tua 22-21-1 who had won 2 of his last 6

All of the above went onto greatness in varying degrees.
All of the above were active - not coming off an 8 month lay off
Why should Izu be doing it any differently to those guys?

His opponent has had one less fight than Izu and his solitary loss was his 2nd fight against an opponent who was 16-0 (no shame in this loss). 2 fights ago he KO'd an opponent 9-1
Compare the records of Ramirez's opponents versus izu's and there isnt a whole lot of difference.

The reason i dont post a whole lot in here is because of some of the bullshit responses. Do your research or ask questions and i will provide you with rationale. Izu will shake of his rust and we are negotiating some more meaningful fights for him as he is now 16-0 and needs to be stepping up the level of opposition to prepare him for what lays ahead.

Some of the negative responses amuse me .. let me ask you this. How many fights have you matched? How many boxers have you guided into world title contention? How many of the knockers had a successful fight career and had to work with a matchmaker who knew what he was doing (in other words you're basing your opinions on experience) .. I would suggest most are keyboard critics with plenty of time on their hands.

Another way of looking at it is Izu has been a pro for nearly 6 years and probably isnt worthy      of a top 100 ranking. Thats crazy all the other great fighters youve mentioned apart from  Briggs, (i cant see how you think he was great). were way more advanced.  Izu's opponent is  awful, no two ways about it, you saying he has a good record is just nonsense. Have you  even remotely heard of anybody he has fought? This guy will last as long (maybe) as the last  two guys you found from wherever. i assumed the reason you dont post on here so often was simply out of embarrassment for ducos awful shows (although i actually did enjoy the last one). Morgan/George is a nice fight, 1 out of 6 aint bad.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - tm7 - 07-24-2016

Turns out we're not the only ones who saw it as a horrible mismatch - https://youtu.be/doQKcMxnc0k
- https://youtu.be/Jqd7OFRf-r4

Very interesting to hear the one guy Ramirez lost to before Izu, who Stu said there was no shame in getting KO'ed by, was a super welterweight!!

Have a watch of the second video if nothing else.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 07-24-2016

Yeah, I look at who they've fought as much, if not more so, than their record. AJ and Wilder fit into that category. Frankly, I was surprised that Ramirez lasted as long as he did. I was expecting a first or second round KO. I don't mind his fighting Ramirez after a lay-off, but it's not something I'd want to pay to see.

Now it's time to get serious in September with a top heavyweight. I think Izu is 29 and not getting any younger.