NZBoxChat
Parker vs Whyte - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Whyte (/showthread.php?tid=489)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Parker vs Whyte - Infern0 - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 07:25 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: First of all that commentary team was a disgrace, especially Bellew, who since knocking out the ghost of David Haye has become an insufferable blowhard. It was a very good fight, Joe started off with a nice jab and was landing some nice right hands, he was clearly shook up after that headbutt and Whyte turned it into a real dog fight. Go back turn the commentary off and watch all the illegal stuff Dillian was getting away with. As the fight progressed Whytes body shots were really hurting Joe and that left hook was the shot that put Browne to sleep for 10 minutes so credit to Joe for getting up and clearing his head.
This was a similar to the Takam fight where Joe hit a wall mentally and physically but I think rounds 11 and 12 showed that with a little better execution he would have had Whyte out of there. It also made me wonder why Joshua was so timid against Joe given the amount of Whytes leather he ate.
A much closer fight on rewatch and Joe can hold his head high. The public here wont be kind and already people are calling for him to retire...why? did Tua hang them up after getting his ears boxed off by Byrd? Did Shane give up after being destroyed by David? its boxing folks and we need to get behind the young fellow. I say take a holiday Joe, look at a new trainer/team and rebuild.
That Chisora Takam fight was monumental, nobody has had the balls to fight Takam in a phonebooth and Derek took some hellacious shots and absorbed them to knock Takam into next week, unreal

The new zealand public are currently disgracing themselves on social media calling parker a hype job and saying he's got no heart and should pack it in.

Who'd have thought it'd be ME defending him against those same fools who were the ones that put him up to unrealistic standards in the first place.

RE: Parker vs Whyte - Msreef - 07-29-2018

I think Joe's head and heart just isn't in it anymore. He has a wife and children but doesn't live with them, can't be easy seeing them for just a few weeks of the year.
Joe has made a lot of money, he should retire imo.
If not, he needs to either move back to NZ and train here, or move his family to the US and carry on training there.
He has all the tools to beat Whyte with relative ease, look at him in that first round, Whyte simply could not handle JPs speed, most fighters couldn't. If he had better stamina and desire very few heavyweights could live with him.

RE: Parker vs Whyte - Kiwi - 07-29-2018

The best Joseph Parker is a BEAST. Yes - we saw that early on. Great stuff.

But this loss means such a long hard road back - that with his $ millions I feel Joe should retire

Brain cells are valuable

RE: Parker vs Whyte - African Monkey - 07-29-2018

Come on now guys there's no need for him to retire just yet, some people are taking this loss harder than Joe himself. He's only 26 lol there's no reason why he can't get another shot he just needs to come back, get carefully matched and I see no reason why he can't get another shot in the next year or 2. Dillian Whyte was in no mans land after losing to AJ but has worked his way up again after a few years of hard graft with the odd decent win thrown in there. Joe can certainly do the same.

RE: Parker vs Whyte - Ibeabuchi - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 08:44 PM)Kiwi Wrote: The best Joseph Parker is a BEAST. Yes - we saw that early on. Great stuff.

But this loss means such a long hard road back - that with his $ millions I feel Joe should retire

Brain cells are valuable

you were saying that after the Joshua fight where he took minimal damage
should Ortiz retire? how about Chisora after losing to haye and fury? what about Tyson after he lost to Douglas? 
The majority of fighters lose at some point mate but the good ones regroup and come back better for it

RE: Parker vs Whyte - Kiwi - 07-29-2018

I honestly hope he does retire

But I fear he won't

Oh well

RE: Parker vs Whyte - diehard - 07-29-2018

Joe (and Whyte) made a little over a million dollars today. Joe will be lucky to make more than a few hundred thousand from now on. I think I did hear that he has one more fight with Hearn and Matchroom. If that's true, match him with Chisora on an AJ undercard.

RE: Parker vs Whyte - mippy - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 09:32 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 08:44 PM)Kiwi Wrote: The best Joseph Parker is a BEAST. Yes - we saw that early on. Great stuff.

Brain cells are valuable

you were saying that after the Joshua fight where he took minimal damage
should Ortiz retire? how about Chisora after losing to haye and fury? what about Tyson after he lost to Douglas? 
The majority of fighters lose at some point mate but the good ones regroup and come back better for it

For me it's more that he's put in 4 disappointing fights in a row. Cojanu, Fury, AJ and now Whyte  All fights have a similar theme which is a lack of aggression and desperation from Joe. 
Ortiz just destroyed Cojanu  Joe chased him all night and didn't hurt him

This latest fight was his best of the 4, but Joe just didn't seem to want it as much as Dillian did

Incidentally, Joe's last decent performance (Dimentriko) was also the last fight Joe shared with Izu. Maybe that's part of what's missing

RE: Parker vs Whyte - bopman - 07-30-2018

My opinion is he has just hit a wall in development. He can easily come back from this. That fight showed Joe does have power but just isn't a risk taker. Barry needs to go and a strategic rebuild in place after a well deserved holiday.

RE: Parker vs Whyte - bopman - 07-30-2018

Wow Chisora would be another cracker if Joe goes in And Kos him he's back lol