NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. (/showthread.php?tid=435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Infern0 - 11-09-2017

I sort of saw this one coming, i don't think Hearn wabts any part of the Wilder fight yet, but following a lacklustre performne cy Joshua against Takam, and Wilder making so much noise, there are VERY few other fights they can take that will keep the fanbase "sort of happy " this is one of them

we hear that Hearn is trying to negotiate terms, and I'm fairly certain Lucas browne was about to be announced yesterday but Hearn got on the phone quick. And im sure he will be happy to pay a bit more now his options are limited.

We have gone back and forth on this fight a lot, but as of right now who would you pick.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Kiwi - 11-09-2017

If Parker has a good night he can take him.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - diehard - 11-09-2017

(11-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I sort of saw this one coming, i don't think Hearn wabts any part of the Wilder fight yet, but following a lacklustre performne cy Joshua against Takam, and Wilder making so much noise, there are VERY few other fights they can take that will keep the fanbase "sort of happy " this is one of them

we hear that Hearn is trying to negotiate terms, and I'm fairly certain Lucas browne was about to be announced yesterday but Hearn got on the phone quick. And im sure he will be happy to pay a bit more now his options are limited.

We have gone back and forth on this fight a lot, but as of right now who would you pick.

Gotta hand it to Mr Higgins. He squeezed Hearn into making the AJ fight with good $$$ attached. AJ has no place to go, except with Parker or Wilder. No one wants to see AJ fight other fighters. Parker, on the other hand, could fight Browne, Jennings, Povetkin, or AJ. I'm predicting Mr Higgins will get 40% for Team Parker.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Msreef - 11-09-2017

AJ has got to be the favourite, but I definitely give JP a chance. The bookies have the fight at 9:1 apparently, pretty good betting odds.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - diehard - 11-09-2017

AJ definitely the favourite. But AJ's success and dominance backed him into a corner. Only Wilder, and to a lesser extent Parker are available for the boxing public.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - bopman - 11-09-2017

Could be another stoppage for AJ, he has had a few early stoppages. I think it is 60/40 to AJ. My heart is with JP and on the night who ever shows up and ready to die will take it. I just hope for a fair reff.

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - NakiFan - 11-09-2017

Joe needs to be on his game, and needs to rattle AJ early. Get him weary of Joes speed and frustrate him with movement, like Takam did early. Get AJ to constantly reset and tire him. It won't be easy, but I can't but vote and cheer for my fellow Kiwi.

War JOE!

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - bart - 11-09-2017

I am 100 in agreement with Naki there
Frustrate AJ make him feel that JP can take his shots so he has to grind and think on his feet how to get JP out of there- all energy sapping stuff.
Can 't see JP KO'ing him unless exhaustion a factor

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Infern0 - 11-09-2017

(11-09-2017, 04:17 PM)diehard Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I sort of saw this one coming, i don't think Hearn wabts any part of the Wilder fight yet, but following a lacklustre performne cy Joshua against Takam, and Wilder making so much noise, there are VERY few other fights they can take that will keep the fanbase "sort of happy " this is one of them

Gotta hand it to Mr Higgins.  He squeezed Hearn into making the AJ fight with good $$$ attached.  AJ has no place to go, except with Parker or Wilder.  No one wants to see AJ fight other fighters.  Parker, on the other hand, could fight Browne, Jennings, Povetkin, or AJ.  I'm predicting Mr Higgins will get 40% for Team Parker.

I think it'll be closer to 30 and they will be happy with it. That will be over 10 million nzd

RE: Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking. - Infern0 - 11-09-2017

Its an interesting fight to me purely for the reason that AJ has looked a bit poor in his last couple of fights and doesnt seem to be "getting" the weight issue.

But inspire of Barry's insistence he wasnt "impressed" by joshua against takam, to me it showed the difference in class between AJ and Parker.

To me, joshua looked unmotivated and flat against Takam, yet still totally dominated the fight with no issues aside from an intentional headbutt.

Joe gave everything vs Takam and went life and death in pulling out a decision that was very debatable.

I don't see Joe as being levels above someone like Takam, where obviously Joshua clearly is. Joshua has beaten a better fighter than Paker already, Parker hasnt faced anyone as goid as joshua and has veen fortunate to beat inferior fighters.

Combined to this, Barry seems to have a foolhardy hope that Joshuas chin is really really bad and that parker will be able to hold up in a firefight, and people will point to takam going 10 rounds but takam tucks up, ducks, makes himself very hard to hit clean, parker doesn't, joshua will find him early with clean punches and i dont think joe has enough power to send back the other way.

I picture joe getting buzzed early in the fight then trying to resort to the backfoot boxing, but being the shorter man with shorter reach thats not going to be super effective.

I do think he will do the 12 though and itll be like a clear 8-4 or 9-3 to AJ but some on here will say it was a robbery