NZBoxChat
Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? (/showthread.php?tid=431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 01-03-2018

Source Nigs???

There's this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100312790/march-31-firms-for-joshua-v-parker-as-heavyweight-unification-talks-progress

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 01-03-2018

From Stu:

Almost done

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 01-03-2018

I cant wait to see the real stars (joes uncles) on the big stage

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Nigs - 01-03-2018

31st of March Cardiff.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 01-04-2018

Hearn: Joshua vs. Parker is a Very, Very Big Fight - A Legacy Fight

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), says the likely showdown with WBO champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs) is a major fight in the sport.

The discussions continue between Hearn and Parker's promoter, David Higgins of Duco Events.

As far as the date, March 31 has been tagged as grabbing the fight and Principality in Cardiff, Wales is being pushed as the frontrunner to host the contest.

Hearn views the contest as being a legacy fight for both of the undefeated boxers.

"Champions should be fighting champions, it's as simple as that. This is a very, very big fight. This is a legacy fight. Anthony wants to be the undisputed champion of the world, so this is a very important step to do that," Hearn said to Stuff.

"It's a unified title fight between two young, fast, dangerous, unbeaten heavyweight world champions, so to do it in an arena and not a stadium, I'd get lynched.

"It's my job and David Higgins' job to maximise the revenue for the fighters. My gut feeling is it will be outdoors in the UK."

Both promoters reached a deal on the revenue split last week, with Parker getting between 30-35% and Joshua gaining around 65-70% of the financial pot.

Joshua is coming off the biggest year of his career. He drew 90,000 to Wembley in London for his career-defining stoppage win over Wladimir Klitschko in April. And then in October, there were 78,000 in Principality to watch Joshua gain a stoppage win over a game Carlos Takam in the tenth round.

Parker did not exactly create shockwaves with his 2017 performances. He fought to a twelve round decision over Razvan Cojanu in a lackluster bout in May. And then in September, Parker came over to Manchester to win a twelve round decision over undefeated mandatory challenger Hughie Fury, in what many felt was another lackluster bout.

While Parker's last two fights lacked fireworks, a fight with Joshua will have plenty of action as both boxers are promising to win by knockout.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 01-05-2018

Hearn: Joshua’s Power Underrated
By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

With WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua looking certain to be fighting WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker next, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn shared his thoughts on the fight with Stuff.co.nz. “It’s a very dangerous fight for both fighters,” said Hearn. “They have great styles for each other. Joseph Parker and his team will fancy this fight because he will know that AJ likes to stand and trade and get hit. Also AJ and his team know that if someone is willing to take chances, then they are going to get hit and AJ is technically a lot better than some tend to think. Both fighters can punch and they may get hurt. But I just feel AJ’s punching power and speed is underrated and I’m not sure whether Parker has the artillery to do enough damage if there is a gunfight. If they are standing in a gunfight and they are trading up, then I have to pick my man all day long.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100320187/the-reasons-why-anthony-joshua-will-beat-joseph-parker-in-their-heavyweight-unification-fight

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 08:34 PM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100320187/the-reasons-why-anthony-joshua-will-beat-joseph-parker-in-their-heavyweight-unification-fight

Dont agree parker has no chance.

I guve him between 20-30% chance

Faster feet
Faster hands
(Probably) better chin
Better combos

He has some advantages but he has a few things going against him, mainly the fact that he hasnt fought a mobile fight using thise skilks for actually a few years now

I agree, Infern0.  20-30% is about right.  I agree with the article, that he has to catch AJ coming forward by beating him to the punch.  But I disagree that it needs to come late.  I disagree about AJ's stamina.  It's fine.  The ONLY way that Parker wins is if he can get to him early, and more than once, without trading.  Once AJ gets into his groove, and sets up his jab, it's over.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 01-06-2018

Kevin Barry accuses Anthony Joshua of disrespecting Joseph Parker

Kevin Barry is confident Joseph Parker has the skills to beat Anthony Joshua.

Joseph Parker's trainer has accused Anthony Joshua of already looking past the Kiwi heavyweight and warned about the dangers of that as their unification fight draws closer to reality.

A March 31 fight between WBO champion Parker and WBA and IBF champ Joshua could be confirmed as early as next week as negotiations between the two camps continue to make progress.

Both fighters are determined to be the boxer who rules the division and Joshua has openly talked about his desires to fight WBC champion Deontay Wilder and former champ Tyson Fury who finally seems to be on the comeback trail.

Anthony Joshua's desire to be unified champion has him constantly referencing other rivals to Joseph Parker.

Kevin Barry, Parker's veteran trainer, believes there is disrespect in Joshua's constant chat about other fighters when he has Parker in his headlights.

"Joshua is already talking about Tyson Fury and Wilder - this is laughable to me," Barry said in an article in British newspaper The Express.

"If he's really looking past Joseph Parker, he is in for a huge, rude awakening."

Barry also hit back at suggestions by Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn to Stuff that Parker could be overawed by the occasion with a crowd of close to 80,000 likely to be at a stadium venue for the fight with Cardiff's Principality Stadium the likely destination.

Hearn said Parker had never experienced anything like it compared to his fighter and suggested the Kiwi might "lose his head".

"Joseph Parker is the most relaxed fighter I have ever worked with as far as controlling his emotions," Barry said.

"Whether it's two, five, ten, or eighty thousand people, it is going to be the same guy that walks to the ring, the same routine that we've had for the last five years."

Barry couldn't resist finishing off with another reference to the respective chins of the fighters for a scrap that could be a toe-tot-toe affair fought in close quarters.

"I know this about heavyweight boxing: you need to be able to give a punch - and both these guys can give a punch - and you need to take a punch.

"Joseph Parker has never been down as an amateur, as a professional, or in sparring.

"I'd back him against any heavyweight in the world, and we are looking forward to backing him against Anthony Joshua."

- Stuff