NZBoxChat
Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? (/showthread.php?tid=431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Msreef - 12-24-2017

If Whyte can badly wobble AJ, then Parker can imo. Only one way to find out for sure though I guess.

Takam, Ruiz and Hughie all had reportedly very good chins even before they fought Parker, the fact he didn't knock them out doesn't mean he doesn't have power.
I do think Parker has decent power, but it appears to be a level below AJ and a couple of levels below Wilder.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 12-25-2017

Parkers power is slightly below domonic brezeales

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - bart - 12-25-2017

Breazele is slow and robotic JP has much faster hands making him more dangerous even if the power is similar as u say.
Parker would beat DB in a interesting battle

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 12-25-2017

I'd rate Breazeale and Parker's power similar.  AJ and Wilder a step above that.

I honestly don't know how Parker can beat AJ.  He's just too big and strong.  I guess the key is getting his hand speed back so that he can land before AJ.  And shore up his defense so that he doesn't get bombed out by AJ.  He needs a complete make-over, actually going back to where he used to be before Takam.

Oh, and having the footwork to land first.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 12-25-2017

Merry xmas nzb crew hope you all have a good day, a lot of good fights to look forward to next year

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - African Monkey - 12-25-2017

(12-25-2017, 01:59 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Merry xmas nzb crew hope you all have a good day, a lot of good fights to look forward to next year

Yup merry xmas everyone and yes, hopefully we do see the return of Tyson Fury and more big fights made throughout the divisions.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - bart - 12-26-2017

should be plently debate to look forward to..

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 12-26-2017

Anthony Joshua admits he has to reassess 'unpredictable' Joseph Parker as unification fight looms

Anthony Joshua says he can't allow Joseph Parker to get inside his head as their unificaiton fight deal looks set to be sealed.

Anthony Joshua admits he is having to reassess Joseph Parker as the New Zealand heavyweight's increasing confidence for a unification fight puzzles the big Brit.

WBO champion Parker and IBF and WBA champion Joshua are close to finalising a fight deal to bring together three of the four titles.

They are so close that Joshua admitted he would like a signed contract from Parker as his main Christmas present as the festive season hit Britain on Tuesday.

Joseph Parker appears to have hit a nerve with his verbal assaults on Anthony Joshua.

But Parker's cheeky taunting of Joshua has the English fighter confused.
Joshua was asked to assess his three hoped-for opponents in 2018 – Parker, WBC champion Deontay Wilder, and former champ Tyson Fury - and it seems the Kiwi has him a bit rattled with repeated questions about Joshua's "glass chin" and his money motives over what is a fair split for the fight.

It seems Parker has hit a nerve with his verbal assaults.

"Parker, I don't know, it's unpredictable, because from a fighting perspective, I know I can beat him," Joshua said.

"But he's now trying to challenge me mentally, the things he's saying, the way he's acting, this is out of character.

"So I have to reassess Parker. I don't get where he's got this lease of confidence, I just don't get it but I'm going to have to assess Parker because he's not going to trouble me physically, he's trying to get to me mentally. I have to keep my cool and not get involved in any trash talking."

As for the others, Joshua believes he could outbox the unorthodox Wilder though confirmed Fury was his biggest worry in terms of boxing skills.

Of Wilder, he said: "His record proves he has a powerful punch, but his powerful punch doesn't come with an uppercut, it doesn't come with a peach left hook.

"It just comes with a straight right hand. So you eliminate one or two of his main weapons, you kind of chip the tree down with Wilder and I think he starts to lose his confidence."

It remains to be seen if Fury gets serious with his latest comeback attempt. If Fury can get back into shape, Joshua admitted that Manchester's man-mountain would be a handful.

"I just think he's awkward in the mind and he's awkward in his style," Joshua said.

"Unpredictable. You just don't know. He doesn't have one significant style. He may move around the ring and try and steal the win, he may just jab the whole fight, I've seen him fight guys like John McDermott years ago where he would just try and fight with you, Steve Cunningham where he tries to fight with him and he's more vulnerable.

"So I don't know what style Fury will possess but he's good because he can mix it up, he's a man of many trades."

Joshua's clash with Parker is expected to be confirmed in the next fortnight with Cardiff a likely venue for late March or early April.

- Stuff

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 12-26-2017

Parker: I Want Joshua in UK, Wilder in Las Vegas, Bellew in 2018
WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs) has a three fight target list for 2018.

The undefeated New Zealand star is currently in negotiations to fight one of those targets, WBA, IBF, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) for the early part of next year, likely on a date in March or April.

A deal to face Joshua is reportedly "closer than ever" - according to Parker's promoter, David Higgins.

Parker has no problem with facing Joshua on UK soil.

And then he wants WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder in the United States and then former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew, also in the UK.

"I'd like to fight Joshua in the UK as that's where the draw card is," Parker told Will Kent. "I'd also like to fight Wilder in America in Vegas and then I'd like to fight Tony Bellew. Those are the fights I want to make happen in 2018."

He views Bellew as a big money fight and says his team was actually in talks to fight him - after the Liverpool boxer's rematch with David Haye was canceled. It was scheduled for December 17, but fell out after Haye suffered a training injury. It has since been rescheduled for May 5th.

"I'd love to fight Tony Bellew," Parker said. "We had discussions to fight when David Haye pulled out of the fight but we weren't in a full camp so not able to jump in and fill his place. I feel like if I had a great camp and prepared for Tony Bellew I could put on a great fight and beat him. Hopefully we can make something happen.

"But again it comes down to both teams being happy. I know he's a massive draw card so we would have to sit down and negotiate how we're going to split things but I feel it's a great possibility to fight in 2018. He's a great fighter but he's a cruiserweight coming up to heavyweight. I have better skills and a little bit more power."

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 12-26-2017

I don't see bellew or wilder wanting to fight joe parker coming off a loss without his wbo title tbh