NZBoxChat
Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? (/showthread.php?tid=431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - NakiFan - 11-20-2017

Higgins and Parker have rightly compared rules of mandatory percentages vs title shots. I know there is no rules regarding title shots as that is entirely up to the 2 parties involved, but as below, mandatory percentages do need to be taken into account.

Rule 10.E of the IBF's Championship Policy reads as follows:
The Champion will receive 75% and the Challenger will receive 25% of total amount of the bid. If the offer is for a vacant title, each boxer will receive 50% of the total amount bid. The percentage splits for elimination bouts and box offs are governed by Rule 9D. In a bout between a Champion and a Challenger ranked #3 or below, the Champion shall receive 85% and the Challenger will receive 15% of the total amount of the bid.

Offering anything less than 25% should be seen as a lowball offer. 30-35% is probably the goldilocks zone in my opinion. 

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Infern0 - 11-20-2017

Purse bids are exactly that, they are a bid for the fighters purses.

Duco are negotiating a revenue split, how much of that parker actually gets, who knows?

That's the difference.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 11-20-2017

There is no rule for unifying, especially since it involves at least two of the alphabets. For mine, it's all about what Hearn is willing to give Mr Higgins, and what he's willing to accept to have the fight. Nothing else matters. It could have been 20% or 50%. Interesting though, that they seem to have met in the middle.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - craigyid14 - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 12:29 PM)diehard Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 10:19 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Eddie Hearns a businessman and it would be bad business to give 35%, the WBO belt is not worth that. There'll be offered 20% at best, won't take it (because of greed) and will lose the belt before a fight with Joshua happens.

A friendly wager.  Parker will get in the 30+ percent.  AJ wants the belt.  He's got millions and millions, as does Hearn.  What's giving a few million more to your opponent.  Nobody's going hungry.  Mr Higgins has negotiated well.

I just don't see it, it goes against everything we know about Eddie Hearn,i dont care if Parker gets £1mill,£3.5mill or £10mill as long as the fight happens. It'll be the biggest fight in NZboxchat history, this forum would go crazy :-)

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 11-20-2017

Well, that's why I wanted 35%. Yes, NZboxchat will go crazy. And Mr Higgins knows about our website. I'll be at ringside, with my hat out. How much do you think ringside would cost?

Gotta admit, Parker has balls. He's not backing down. AND, he thinks he can win. I don't see his winning. AJ is just too big, and methodical. But I'll be cheering Joe on like there is no tomorrow.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - bart - 11-20-2017

I think JP can give him problems and they know it , winning well that's a different story but upsets happen ala Buster Douglas

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - mippy - 11-20-2017

I don't think JP has the power to hurt AJ.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - Msreef - 11-20-2017

(11-20-2017, 10:06 PM)mippy Wrote: I don't think JP has the power to hurt AJ.

If Whyte can hurt him I think JP could.

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - bart - 11-20-2017

I think it could be JP speed that will trouble AJ, he has fought a lot of slow fighters.
Whyte caught him with a lucky punch he was being pummelled by AJ for the most part

RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - U.K. Fight Fan - 11-21-2017

(11-20-2017, 11:45 PM)bart Wrote: I think it could be JP speed that will trouble AJ, he has fought a lot of slow fighters.
Whyte caught him with a lucky punch he was being pummelled by AJ for the most part

Parker's not a fast fighter.  He's got slow feet.  

Joshua has quicker reflexes and has faster straight punches.