NZBoxChat
Parker vs Hughie Fury - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Hughie Fury (/showthread.php?tid=338)

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - Msreef - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 06:00 PM)diehard Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 05:13 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 04:24 PM)diehard Wrote: Ah Sham, personalities galore.  I believe that Takam and Ruiz have been his two best opponents, and are a measuring stick of where he needs to go.  I've been impressed with his pulling out the win against both, but not overly impressed with how he fought them.  Hughie is a different beast, who will give Joe something different.  I can't wait.  Joe needs to step it up to beat an Ortiz, AJ, or Wilder.  Can he do it?  I'll be a lot more confident if he does well against Hughie.

I think Ortiz would be the worst possible opponent for joe, although he looked lackluster lately i think he struggled to get up for those fights.

Hes carlos takam with a lot more skill and a lot more power

...and a southpaw. I would rate AJ and Wilder ahead of Ortiz in relation to troubling Parker. But they're all right up there. Joe CAN beat all three. Not on the same night, of course. But he's really got to improve.

IMO Parker struggles the most with Povetkin and Ortiz. I'd pick them to beat him fairly comfortably at this stage.

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - mippy - 04-02-2017

Hopefully Povetkin the drug cheat never fights again

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - diehard - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 06:17 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 06:00 PM)diehard Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 05:13 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 04:24 PM)diehard Wrote: Ah Sham, personalities galore.  I believe that Takam and Ruiz have been his two best opponents, and are a measuring stick of where he needs to go.  I've been impressed with his pulling out the win against both, but not overly impressed with how he fought them.  Hughie is a different beast, who will give Joe something different.  I can't wait.  Joe needs to step it up to beat an Ortiz, AJ, or Wilder.  Can he do it?  I'll be a lot more confident if he does well against Hughie.

I think Ortiz would be the worst possible opponent for joe, although he looked lackluster lately i think he struggled to get up for those fights.

Hes carlos takam with a lot more skill and a lot more power

...and a southpaw. I would rate AJ and Wilder ahead of Ortiz in relation to troubling Parker. But they're all right up there. Joe CAN beat all three. Not on the same night, of course. But he's really got to improve.

IMO Parker struggles the most with Povetkin and Ortiz. I'd pick them to beat him fairly comfortably at this stage.

You're saying he'll get out-boxed. I say he'll get out-gunned. Interesting debate. Truth is, I don't have a clue, and won't even after Hughie. Once those 5 or 6 top fighters fight each other, their deficiencies will become more apparent to me.

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - shamrock - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 04:28 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 04:09 PM)shamrock Wrote: Sure glad you brought that up Die, kiwi wants to believe everything KB says. That is his perogative, but remember kiwi pouts very easily when you disagree with him and may pull his swag and stop posting for several weeks.

What's wrong with wanting to believe what KB says? Nothing wrong with that. It's better than being a KB hater, which I can only assume is because he's gone on to much higher heights as a trainer than you ever did.

Yep mreef, funny I think of you as about 4'10'' when you make stupid statements like that.

I was never a high calibre coach, just a coach with opinions. It's not out of KB and myself, never has been, it's about KB AND the likes of Peter Fury and the coach's that work the top 10. I consider parker is of limited entity and can't see KB MAKING the extreme different from this point on, I'm thinking he is out of his depth like he was with DT and maybe Izu. ..

(04-02-2017, 09:20 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 04:09 PM)shamrock Wrote: Sure glad you brought that up Die, kiwi wants to believe everything KB says. That is his perogative, but remember kiwi pouts very easily when you disagree with him and may pull his swag and stop posting for several weeks.

What's wrong with wanting to believe what KB says? Nothing wrong with that. It's better than being a KB hater, which I can only assume is because he's gone on to much higher heights as a trainer than you ever did.

Yep mreef, funny I think of you as about 4'10'' when you make stupid statements like that.

I was never a high calibre coach, just a coach with opinions. It's not out of KB and myself, never has been, it's about KB AND the likes of Peter Fury and the coach's that work the top 10. I consider parker is of limited entity and can't see KB MAKING the extreme different from this point on, I'm thinking he is out of his depth like he was with DT and maybe Izu. ..

The thing is Shamrock, you're opinions consist of ridiculing KB and JP. You don't actually provide any insight about the specifics or intricacies of exactly what JP or KB is doing wrong, and how they can improve. You just criticise, without being constructive. As a coach I'd expect you to have much more insight than the vast majority of us, and if you do, I'd appreciate if you shared it with us, instead of just bashing JP and KB.

(04-02-2017, 10:12 PM)Msreef Wrote:

The thing is Shamrock, you're opinions consist of ridiculing KB and JP. You don't actually provide any insight about the specifics or intricacies  of exactly what JP or KB is doing wrong, and how they can improve. You just criticise, without being constructive. As a coach I'd expect you to have much more insight than the vast majority of us, and if you do, I'd appreciate if you shared it with us, instead of just bashing JP and KB.

While being an observant low calibre coach Msreef I consider you still wouldnt have the wherewitall to understand anything I could bring to you. Once you do what you do and support without common sense.  Die supports Parker but has the temerity to understand the pitfalls. Yours is a one way highway. I

(04-02-2017, 10:25 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 10:12 PM)Msreef Wrote:

The thing is Shamrock, you're opinions consist of ridiculing KB and JP. You don't actually provide any insight about the specifics or intricacies  of exactly what JP or KB is doing wrong, and how they can improve. You just criticise, without being constructive. As a coach I'd expect you to have much more insight than the vast majority of us, and if you do, I'd appreciate if you shared it with us, instead of just bashing JP and KB.

While being an observant low calibre coach Msreef I consider you still wouldnt have the wherewitall to understand anything I could bring to you. Once you do what you do and support without common sense.  Die supports Parker but has the temerity to understand the pitfalls. Yours is a one way highway. I

Yep Shamrock, funny I think of you as about 4'10'' when you make stupid statements like that.

Further more I have never rediculous KB, I have only suggested he doesn't have the necessary equivalents to get parker much better.

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - diehard - 04-02-2017

Big ups for KB getting Parker this far. If you all will remember, he was a disappointing amateur at the end of his amateur career. KB picked him up and turned him into a guy who won a title. But here we are. Parker has had two average performances against two contenders. This is a defining fight for Parker and KB to see if Joe can improve enough against Hughie to have a good chance against the AJ's, Wilders, Povetkin's, Ortiz's, and the Tyson Fury's of the division. I think he can. But it's gonna take some major overall in his game and he's gonna need to fight like his life depends on it.

BTW, I think KB has too much influence on Parker, and didn't have enough on Tua. Tua arrives to camp against LL weighing 280 pounds. He balooned up hugely after he left Lou Duva. If he had stayed with Duva, he would have won a belt.

RE: Parker vs Hughie Fury - shamrock - 04-03-2017

In retrospect KB came to prominence with Parker through his connection with Lonergan. In my opinion KB'S coaching has always been average and I had much to do with him in Auckland when he coached David and I brought my own son in to spar Sam Leuii. In the last few years I lost the imputis ti be bothered arguing the point about boxing specifics which has resulted in giving bland replies without much speculation. To be honest, I believe in the right circumstances with equal money injections I could have done a better job with JP thanhas resulted in his time with Kevin. I would1st of all taught him how to fight off the back foot usinghis height and range to advantage again't shorter opposition which he didt do against Takam or Ruiz and had no dominance. Fighting tall fighters he still fightsthe same way as he did the others and only showed dominance because of their inferiority in the ring. I would have him walking forward bobbing and moving his head and steping to the side to get his body positioned for lateral shots before switching to the head. Same perspective as mike Tyson. KB was a very ordinary amateur and never fought pro. I'm thinking that Hughie Fury will school JP. But just for the record I'll be just as happy if he doesn't.