NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - bopman - 10-25-2016

I've watched a few of ruiz fights. I think jo has this in the bag. 6 rnd TKO or if Joe is on form he can take him out earlier and force a stoppage.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 10-25-2016

Haye discusses Parker v Ruiz, says it's a nice option to have.

Go to 6:37

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Yanni - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 02:44 PM)bopman Wrote: I've watched a few of ruiz fights. I think jo has this in the bag. 6 rnd TKO or if Joe is on form he can take him out earlier and force a stoppage.

Ruiz makes it sound like he's going to come into this fight in literally the best shape of his life.  He's going to have to reverse a trend of coming in consistently overweight for this to come true.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 01:27 AM)Infern0 Wrote: You are glad that we aren't getting Klitschko-Joshua, a great fight "because you are a parker fanboy"

And you are happy we get a rubbish fight instead?

You also didn't know what a purse bid was.

Honestly I suggest you might find another sport to follow because your form today has been downright embarrassing

For all we know Klit AJ could have been a crap fight .
 Judging by Klits actions lately, it may well be hes pretty much washed up, and he knows it

I didnt know the rules of a purse bid , and I asked 
So what?

Most of us have fighters we favour, I do  and so do you . 
Just because others dont favour your guy ,  or support someone else,  is no reason to lose the plot

Address the issue / debate dude , if you can do this and make sense,
 then  why the need to go straight for a personal attack?

Only the so called experts are allowed to express their views huh?

So im too uneducated to post  and should follow something else?

I tipped out two winners at good odds on this forum ,
 you started a dedicated  thread so you  could  tip out Klit to KO Fury 
how did that go?

Others are entitled to their opinions no matter how much of an expert you think you are

Keep it real

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 10-25-2016

Government to examine funding application for Joseph Parker world boxing title fight  video

Joseph Parker's promoters insist they are not looking for a handout.

The Joseph Parker world heavyweight boxing bout is borderline for government funding, Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce says.

Fight promoters believe they satisfy the need for a partnership with the Government as they look for ways to finance the WBO title fight against Mexico's Andy Ruiz in Auckland on December 10.

But the promotion is threatened by Duco Events' abilities to generate the money required to put on the fight against an extremely tight deadline.

"We don't generally support events that are already profitable." - Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce on the chances of government funding for the Parker fight.

Duco Events have an application in for a grant with New Zealand Major Events.

Labour spokesman Trevor Mallard has questioned its worth to New Zealand and Joyce on Tuesday highlighted the hurdles it would have to meet.

'We're not looking for a taxpayer hand-out' - promoter on bid for Govt support to hold Joseph Parker fight in NZ

"It's probably on the border for a number of reasons, but we'll have a look at it - they've put an application in and we treat every application fairly," Joyce said.

"Some of the questions would be, what's the opportunity to promote New Zealand, and the sort of leverage of New Zealand, and it's just a short time fame in that respect? It could be tricky."

There would also need to be a clear understanding whether it was going to happen anyway, with or without the funding support, and whether it was planned to be a profit-making event.

"We don't generally support events that are already profitable."

He said the promoters had submitted a budget which officials would look at.

There was no express upper limit for how much the fund would pay out, although there was a budgeted amount each year and it was well allocated for the next year or two, "so there isn't a huge amount sitting there at the moment".

Dean Lonergan of Duco Events told Radio Live they needed a "significant seven-figure amount" to make the fight happen.

Major Events NZ was just one line they are going down, with sponsorship their big ticket. They have three major sponsors (Burger King, TAB and ATEED) lined up and are probably "40-50 per cent" of the way there, Lonergan said.

Joyce said the idea of the fund was to develop and encourage the development of things that would not otherwise happen in New Zealand.

"So for example we have supported bids to bring the Rugby League World Cup here and ... the Fifa under-20 (football) as well as domestic events" including the Winter Games, golf and large regional events.

But it did not fund All Blacks tests because there was a clear understanding they would happen regardless.

The promoters had said they needed a decision in a few weeks. Normally the Government would take a couple of months to assess an application, but it had moved more quickly in a couple of cases, Joyce said.

A major events panel assess the application and makes a recommendation to a group of ministers, including Joyce. Sports Minister Jonathan Coleman and Arts, Culture and Heritage Minister Maggie Barry.

"There are a certain amount of requirements we have to go through. We are not just going to sign out a cheque at the drop of a hat," Joyce said.

Lonergan said earlier on Tuesday that he felt the major events fund was set up "purposely to help an event like this".

"This is a major event, it's a historic event for New Zealand, and it might not otherwise happen here.

"It is going to happen, but it mightn't happen in New Zealand now because of the situation. As I've said, there's a 70 to 80 per cent chance it will go to the United States now unless we can sort something out very quickly.

"We are presenting an opportunity to showcase New Zealand around the world. We see this has a commercial partnership with the government and the country.

"There's a feelgood factor to this as well that shouldn't be underestimated if we can get to stage this fight in New Zealand."

- Stuff

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - newhobo46 - 10-25-2016

Why oh why is Ruiz rated so high....where was his power...his punches were short....remember JP has the longer reach....Lawrence kept connecting with his jab....a K.O. never looked possible....this could be one o
f JP's easier fights

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - mippy - 10-25-2016

Hey - welcome newhobo46.

You're right, it could be one of Joes easier nights, or Ruiz might be better than his last few fights suggest. We'll find out soon!

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 10-25-2016

I had to fix hobo up with a new name, but he's an old timer on here. Good to see you posting again.

I'm afraid to say it for fear of looking like a, a moderator! But I do think this will be one of Joe's easier fights. It should go the way of Tupou. But I'm sure Ruiz will come in in shape. He's at Big Bear training now with Sanchez, who is GGG's trainer. But it won't matter. Parker would have had a harder time with Price.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 10-26-2016

Joseph Parker meets Mike Tyson as he awaits venue decision for world title fight

New Zealand's world heavyweight contender Joseph Parker has met Mike Tyson several times.

Joseph Parker continues to mix in heavyweight circles as he waits to see if his world title fight will be held in New Zealand.

The Kiwi boxer hooked up with Mike Tyson in Las Vegas, where the former world champion continues to perform his one-man shows telling the tale of his troubled life.

"Mike told me 'everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'," Parker tweeted of one of Tyson's favourite sayings.

Parker is training in Las Vegas for his for his fight against Mexican Andy Ruiz for the WBO title.

The fight is set down for Auckland on December 10 though funding issues could see it transferred to the United States. That would negate Parker's massive home advantage.

Parker's promoters are waiting to see if they will get some funding through New Zealand Major Events to help them stage the historic fight.

Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce said on Tuesday that Duco's application would be processed but that the Government needed to weigh up the economic benefits the fight might bring to the country.

He promised a quick resolution for the application with Duco under pressure to make a decision on hosting the fight by early next week.

Duco boss Dean Lonergan welcomed Joyce's comments.

"It's been interesting to see his take on this and hopefully their decision will come through quickly," Lonergan said.

The New Zealand situation comes as South Australia approved state funds to promote the Anthony Mundine v Danny Green rematch in Adelaide early next year.

Meanwhile, Ruiz's trainer has spoken highly of Parker's cornerman Kevin Barry as the fight continues to draw increasing interest in the United States.

"Parker is skilled, big and a rough guy. He has a good manager/coach who knows about heavyweights and it's an interesting matchup," Abel Sanchez told worldboxingnews.net.

"Both guys will be new to the feelings of fighting for such an important spot but that can only be good for them in this fight."

- Stuff

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 10-26-2016

Abel Sanchez discusses Parker v Ruiz, jump to 4:50.

Learnt that Ruiz is sparring this guy for the Parker fight:
http://boxrec.com/boxer/583767