NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 12-12-2016

Tall poppy syndrome still alive and kicking in NZ.
Sad really. Whenever we do well at something we seem to have a tonne of articles coming out just trashing the achievement.
JP is far from the finished article, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism and realism, but man, some of the stuff coming out in the media is bullshit.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 12-12-2016

Bob Jones is a dick. Parker has the same amount of titles as AJ and Wilder: ONE. The last time someone had all titles was LL. I think it's great that Parker says he needs to improve. I don't see AJ or Wilder saying that.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - African Monkey - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 08:21 PM)diehard Wrote: Bob Jones is a dick.

Well said.

You'd think people would be happy that Parker won in this country but no they instead find ways to bring him down as we love to do in NZ. Yes it wasn't his best performance, but personally I'm stoked that we have a world champion from our shores.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 12-12-2016

I watched the fight again today without the benefit of beer goggles and rowdy people distracting me.
Scored it 117-116 to Parker

A lot of very close rounds
including a couple where I gave Ruiz the round with a bit of benefit of the doubt ,and for being the agressor

Joseph evaded and parried a lot of shots that upon first viewing seemed to be scoring

Andy didnt catch Joesph flush all night , whereas Joseph definately caught Ruiz with some good shots

Still have a lot of respect for Ruiz , but I now think Josephs win was totally legit

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - mippy - 12-12-2016

Thing is there's no other path to being "The Champ" besides unifying all of the belts. Criticizing Parker for getting one belt is a bit stupid. He's "A Champ" now, and hopefully he'll try to unify.

Problem seems to be that once "A Champ" gets a belt he doesn't really want to meet the other champs.

AJ, Parker and Wylder all talk about unifying, lets hope they're honest

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - markk - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 08:38 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: I watched the fight again today without the benefit of beer goggles and rowdy people distracting me.
Scored it 117-116 to Parker

A lot of very close rounds
including  a couple where I gave Ruiz the round with a bit of  benefit of the doubt ,and for being the agressor

Joseph evaded and parried a lot of shots that upon first viewing seemed to be scoring

Andy didnt catch  Joesph flush all night , whereas Joseph definately caught Ruiz with some good shots

Still have a lot of respect for Ruiz , but I now think Josephs win was totally  legit

thing is in championship fights it is frowned upon to give a 10-10 round so i think allot of the close ones went to parker due to crowd influence. should be no surprises there. also i note a certain boxing official who was very outspoken over the last few days in media was a corner supervisor for main fight. how can you score it 118-111 ruiz if your supposed to be watching the corner for dirty tricks. just saying you can't do both

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - markk - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:16 PM)mippy Wrote: Thing is there's no other path to being "The Champ" besides unifying all of the belts. Criticizing Parker for getting one belt is a bit stupid. He's "A Champ" now, and hopefully he'll try to unify.

Problem seems to be that once "A Champ" gets a belt he doesn't really want to meet the other champs.

AJ, Parker and Wylder all talk about unifying, lets hope they're honest

will come down to promotional control id say. wilder is a haymon man while Aj is with hearns. i don't think they will fight for a long time as Haymon will keep wilder making the cash in the USA. Parker on the other hand will fight if i know dave or deans thinking. be great to see JP vs Wilder in USA. i say leave the Brits alone for a year and become a star in USA. 

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Kiwi - 12-13-2016

Wilder may consider Parker a juicy target for a Vegas fight. Wilder has had few huge fights in the USA and needs they hype this would bring. Wilder needs this kind of thing far more than Joshua.

Makes a lot of sense.

Some interesting offers could come in over the next 2 months.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - ChristopherMartin - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 09:01 AM)Kiwi Wrote: Wilder may consider Parker a juicy target for a Vegas fight. Wilder has had few huge fights in the USA and needs they hype this would bring. Wilder needs this kind of thing far more than Joshua.

Makes a lot of sense.

Some interesting offers could come in over the next 2 months.
Parker is not ready for the big boys by a long long shot...he will be steered down a different path for a time period . .it was obvious on Saturday he is not at that level..

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - ChristopherMartin - 12-13-2016

(12-12-2016, 07:53 PM)Msreef Wrote: Tall poppy syndrome still alive and kicking in NZ.
Sad really. Whenever we do well at something we seem to have a tonne of articles coming out just trashing the achievement.
JP is far from the finished article, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism and realism, but man, some of the stuff coming out in the media is bullshit.
For some boxing is their business so sentiment . Personalities etc do not enter into it...we have fighters in the ring regularly we want right calls made...Ruiz controlled the fight from the opening bell...Joe had spots but Ruiz was consistent . ..easy fight to judge really...anyway onwards and upwards . ..big year 2017 for our new wbo champ