NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 12-11-2016

I don't see what a new trainer is going to do. Like previously stated, JP needed to jab more, and put a lot more force behind some of his jabs. He paws with the jab too much. Needs to use the jab like a jackhammer. KB screamed JP this in the Takam fight, and this fight, but for some reason JP just doesn't do it anyway near as much as what he should.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - African Monkey - 12-11-2016

Seriously I had it as a draw with my drunk eyes but knew Joe was gonna win it being the hometown fighter and I am stoked with that. Great work Joe!

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - gothenaki - 12-11-2016

So a lot of pessimism here. I guess people weren't expecting that from Ruiz. I was. 29-0 while 300 pounds or more at times - the guy is an aerobic freak. Put him in with any other heavy, and they won't enjoy it. Same with Takam.

Jo has deficiencies, no doubt. I am not claiming he's the best heavy on the planet.
He's 24, and he does what he's told.

Maybe it is time for a new trainer, or maybe it's time for Barry to allow him to be more aggresssive, but they have what they wanted.

WBO Heavyweight Champion of the World

I guess we'll find out how good his whiskers are in the upcoming fights.
Win or lose - Bring it on!

He could be a Ken Norton to the Ali's and Foremans.

The Heavies are looking good

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 12-11-2016

Fresh approach , new skills . What more is Barry going to teach him that he hasn't already.
Joe looked horrible on the back foot most of the fight .
Ruiz backed him up and cut off the ring with ease for long periods.
Joe needed to double and triple the jab more often . Change angles set up more right hands.

(12-11-2016, 01:58 AM)Msreef Wrote: I don't see what a new trainer is going to do. Like previously stated, JP needed to jab more, and put a lot more force behind some of his jabs. He paws with the jab too much. Needs to use the jab like a jackhammer. KB screamed JP this in the Takam fight, and this fight, but for some reason JP just doesn't do it anyway near as much as what he should.

A "snappy jab" takes quite a bit of energy to throw, and tbh, Ruiz was quite good at ducking them and hitting JP to the body. Ruiz hits hard, and JP was feeling it, and that was the tactic that had it so close - well done Sanchez.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 12-11-2016

Joe got the result, which is what will go in the history books
So good on him.
Where to from here though could be a worry
It will be interesting to see if he has reached his mark , or can get better

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 12-11-2016

In my opinion as a "hater" they need to stop with this "strength and power routine" which I have been saying for a while.

Did Joe look strong and powerful tonight? Nope. He never got ruiz attention with a shot, same against Takam. If you aren't a brutal, concussion puncher, you can't keep guts like that from charging in, so you have to be able to step off and let them charge thin air.

He looked the same in that department as ever but more slow and flat footed.

Go back to the days of the Botha fight, the fluidity and speed.

Stop the weight training and concentrate on footspeed drills, movement, fluidity.

Those are his strengths, maximize them.

Had he been lighter on his feet and more fluid with his shots he wouldn't have had the issues he did tonight and would have won wide.

But I'm just a stupid hater so who knows.

Btw hughie fury is supposedly his mandatory. According to box nation parker must fight him within 120 days and Frank Warren wants it in the uk.

Warren vs Arum - Arum wins. I think it'll be China!?!?
Arum keeps talking about the "90 million homes tuned in to watch Top Rank fighter Zou Shiming win the WBO flyweight title in November"

(12-11-2016, 02:43 AM)gothenaki Wrote: Warren vs Arum - Arum wins. I think it'll be China!?!?
Arum keeps talking about the "90 million homes tuned in to watch Top Rank fighter Zou Shiming win the WBO flyweight title in November"

How do you think that fight goes? 

Most skilled boxer Joe would have faced but doesn't really have any power. 

Interesting one