NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - The Fly - 12-11-2016

I had it a draw. Early xmas gift for Parker?

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - bart - 12-11-2016

I thought a draw as well but more likely a close JP decision... i thought JP could have done more to make it a clear decision by using the jab forcefully rather than slap/push. As commentators from UK were saying Ruiz was chasing JP but not letting enough go.
I wouldn't be worried at this point if i were AJ, Wilder or even Haye.
Jp vs Hughie is a good 1st D one that even on tonight show JP should take

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - cranky - 12-11-2016

nothing dodgy about the score cards... a very close fight- a draw would have been fine, but Andy's earlier sense he would start 2 rounds down on the score-cards clearly wasnt realized....

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 12-11-2016

Whew. I had a draw.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Boxingfan25 - 12-11-2016

I had it a Draw. Ruiz is one tough guy didn't see him flinch or buckle once
Once

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - cranky - 12-11-2016

Yeah- I'd like to see how some other top guys approach Ruiz now. Have a feeling the fights would look very similar to this.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 12-11-2016

A rematch makes sense for both fighters imo

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 12-11-2016

That was a tough watch. To be honest I felt a bit flat after that. It's time for Parker to leave the pressure of NZ and all the BS promoting and fight overseas.

P.s You only needed to jab more!!!!

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - gothenaki - 12-11-2016

Maybe Barry was counting on the 2 rounds from the judges? It was said by the UK commentators that "both fighters could have done more - especially Ruiz"
I must have my kiwi goggles on, but you look at their faces, post fight, and it looks like Andy has been eating punches (and he can definitely take a shot), whereas JP looked like he could go deeper.

Don't get me wrong - Parker became WBO champ - just.

I think it was more a tactical thing between Barry and Sanchez.

Let them brawl, and I think JP would be in trouble, but then again - neither fighter has been down, so who knows.

Surely no one is calling it a "Robbery"?

He is only 24..

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 12-11-2016

I thought Ruiz won the fight . A hometown draw at best.

Smiling and posing for the cameras right up until the first bell , overconfident , no focus lose the first 5 rounds . Is that what paying a psychologist does for you?

Looked limited tonite , possibly his worst performance as a pro was the one that gets him a belt.

Maybe a new trainer would help find another gear , he's still young. That probably won't happen though.