NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Veritas - 12-08-2016

(12-08-2016, 01:38 PM)NakiFan Wrote: nice post Veritas. Not sure of your call regarding a TKO win for Ruiz considering Parker has never been down, ever, in the ring. BUT, who knows. I'm picking a Parker win by TKO in the late rounds, as I still think Ruiz will tire and Parker will force a stoppage late. Can't wait.

Thanks NakiFan.  Joe doesn't need to hit the canvas just be unable to defend himself..  Likewise - can't wait.  Unfortunately in Aussie this weekend so have yet to lock in my viewing arrangements.  Live Streaming perhaps ;-)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 12-08-2016

Veritas I think you are right Ruiz is genuinely a dangerous opponent for Joseph.
Potentially a far harder hurdle to a belt than the likes of Charles Martin.

JP has to overcome history as well , our title fights go to custard it seems
Jimmy Thunder at Mt smart, Shane Cameron Danny Green , Tua Lewis
The smiles and über confidence coming from team Parker unnerve me.
When NZ is supremely confident about our sports stars chances And losing is unthinkable , is often When it goes to crap

As well as the power and speed of Ruiz he is a very dangerous infighter , you think you are safe in a clinch and hell take a step out free his arms and knock you out.

Sports betting is paying big odds for Ruiz
Ruiz by stoppage in round 10 is. Paying 100-1 for instance.
Not out of the realms of possibility at all
Could be worth a lazy dollar or two

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Beefstew - 12-08-2016

[Updated] New judges for Parker-Ruiz

Tony Weeks (USA) will be the third man in the ring when WBO #1 heavyweight Joseph Parker (21-0, 18 KOs) and #3 rated Andy Ruiz, Jr. (29-0, 19 KOs) clash for the vacant WBO heavyweight world title on Saturday night at the Vector Arena in Auckland, New Zealand. Judges are now Ramon Pascual Cerdan (Argentina), Save Lagumbay (Philippines) and Ingo Barrabas (Germany). All U.S. judges were previously announced. The WBO Supervisor Richard De Cuir. The bout will air on HBO on a same-day delayed telecast.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 12-08-2016

I think people are under-estimating Parker. He has tremendous power, and I think he'll hurt Ruiz in the middle rounds. He'll use his jab to keep his distance, and then unleash that right once Ruiz gets bothered by the jab.

You're right Westywarriors. Ruiz does have a sneaky punch coming off a clinch. He can definitely fight.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Yanni - 12-08-2016

I still think the smart money is on a Parker UD given Ruiz hasn't been troubled in any of his other fights... in saying that I have a sneaking suspicion that the surprise everyone will get is Parker winning by KO.

How much extra time has Ruiz had to work purely on losing weight and getting his fitness up to scratch as opposed to Parker?

I'm going with my gut feeling and picking a late stoppage, round 9 or later.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 12-08-2016

Has anybody thought about the possibility that it could be JP that gasses before Ruiz?
Training at altitude could have given the guy an advantage, even though he's overweight.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - bopman - 12-08-2016

Great post all around. I'd love to put a bet on ruiz, the odds are great but my heart is with JP. I think JP has a tough chin and think if he does get in trouble he will handle it and push through like the Takam fight. I'm interested to see Andy get in trouble as he never has been really hit. It's a tough one to call but I'm guessing late stoppage or ud to parker.

(12-08-2016, 04:31 PM)Yanni Wrote: I still think the smart money is on a Parker UD given Ruiz hasn't been troubled in any of his other fights... in saying that I have a sneaking suspicion that the surprise everyone will get is Parker winning by KO.

How much extra time has Ruiz had to work purely on losing weight and getting his fitness up to scratch as opposed to Parker?

Ruiz has been training and losing weight for 6.5 weeks. I know with Tua, he spent a lot of time in camp trying to lose his weight, and KB was frustrated that he didn't get to focus on his training as much. Ruiz has NOT fought tough competition, which is why I think he'll be surprised by Parker's power.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/87360322/joseph-parker-and-andy-ruiz-prefight-banter-more-akin-to-hug-and-kiss

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 12-08-2016

(12-08-2016, 05:12 PM)diehard Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 04:31 PM)Yanni Wrote: I still think the smart money is on a Parker UD given Ruiz hasn't been troubled in any of his other fights...  in saying that I have a sneaking suspicion that the surprise everyone will get is Parker winning by KO.  

Ruiz has been training and losing weight for 6.5 weeks.  I know with Tua, he spent a lot of time in camp trying to lose his weight, and KB was frustrated that he didn't get to focus on his training as much.  Ruiz has NOT fought tough competition, which is why I think he'll be surprised by Parker's power.

The first power punch Joe lands will speak volumes, and probably decide the fight. If that causes Ruiz to start backpeddling...it'll be all over quickly.