NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - tm7 - 11-15-2016

1. Joseph Parker - fighting Ruiz
2. Kubrat Pulev - preferred to fight in Bulgaria
3. David Haye - this is a stadium fight and December is winter
4. Johan Duhaupas - available
5. Andy Ruiz - fighting Parker, also Hearn said Ruiz couldn't be considered because the British public would slate AJ for fighting a fat slob
6. Carlos Takam - coming off a loss
7. Vyacheslav Glazkov - injured
8. Eric Molina - available
9. Jarrell Miller - available, but nobody in the U.K. Has heard of him
10. Charles Martin - just beat
11. Derek Chisora - coming off a loss
12. David Price - available
13. Hughie Fury - priced himself out
14. Bermane Stiverne - booked to go WBC route
15. Dominic Breazeale - just beat

I'm a big Parker fan but I don't get the blind favouritism when compared to AJ

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-15-2016

(11-15-2016, 07:16 PM)tm7 Wrote: 1. Joseph Parker - fighting Ruiz
2. Kubrat Pulev - preferred to fight in Bulgaria
3. David Haye - this is a stadium fight and December is winter
4. Johan Duhaupas - available
5. Andy Ruiz - fighting Parker, also Hearn said Ruiz couldn't be considered because the British public would slate AJ for fighting a fat slob
6. Carlos Takam - coming off a loss
7. Vyacheslav Glazkov - injured
8. Eric Molina - available
9. Jarrell Miller - available, but nobody in the U.K. Has heard of him
10. Charles Martin - just beat
11. Derek Chisora - coming off a loss
12. David Price - available
13. Hughie Fury - priced himself out
14. Bermane Stiverne - booked to go WBC route
15. Dominic Breazeale - just beat

I'm a big Parker fan but I don't get the blind favouritism when compared to AJ

The David Haye fight could have happened easily, I'm sure there's a covered stadium that would have held it. They didn't fight him because he's far too dangerous for AJ.
Johan Duhaupas would have been a great fight, he's got a solid chin and has some skill and power.
Carlos Takam - great fight, regardless of if Takam had just lost. It was a chance for AJ to put his money where his mouth is and knocked out Takam.
Jarrell Miller - probably better than the Molina fight. Big, strong, powerful.
Hughie Fury - Eddie could have paid the guy more to make it happen, would have been a great fight and sold very well.
David Price - not a fan of that fight, would be over very quickly.

They chose probably the worst, or second worst opponent from what was available.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-15-2016

tm7, no blind favourtism from me. I rate AJ over Parker right now. Joe has made too many defensive mistakes for my liking, while AJ looks invincible. BUT, AJ hasn't fought anyone to test him. Parker has.

As Msreef said, there were 5 better fights AJ could have worked out. He didn't. I'd also take Price over Molina. He's bigger and hits harder. And Price would have drawn a bigger UK crowd. Both Molina and Price have a loose chin.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-15-2016

So many unanswered questions...we need some fights!
There are so good ones coming...even though they might not be the most important...they will lead into some interesting discussion.

AJ vs Molina- Wilder factor.
Stiverne vs Povetkin- Is Takam better than Stiverne? What has the long layoff done to Povetkin? Wilder factor.
Browne vs Briggs- Just a fun fun fight. Let's go Champ!
JP vs Ruiz Jnr- Has JP fixed his pressure fighting defenses post Takam? Is Ruiz any good post 5 rounds?
Takam vs Duhuapas- Is Takam top 10-15? Has recent form from Duhuapas helps him beat Takam? Wilder factor. Parker factor. Povetkin factor.

And Ortiz and Haye are supposed to be fighting.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-16-2016

Nice article of Sanchez talking about Ruiz:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/86486119/abel-sanchez-surprised-to-learn-joseph-parker-has-hired-psychiatrist-for-world-title-fight

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - bopman - 11-16-2016

My opinion molina is better than price. That one quick ko by areola was a bit of a fluke and that happens in the heavy weight div. Arreola was the definite favourite tho. Molina since then keeps improving every fight. How long would you guys give price in the ring with AJ? I bet Molina will double it

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 11-16-2016

(11-16-2016, 02:26 PM)bopman Wrote: My opinion molina is better than price. That one quick ko by areola was a bit of a fluke and that happens in the heavy weight div. Arreola was the definite favourite tho. Molina since then keeps improving every fight. How long would you guys give price in the ring with AJ? I bet Molina will double it

I'd honestly expect price to last about 60 seconds

He doesn't throw witch confidence anymore, Joshua would come over the top of the first lazy jab and floor price, who would get up retreat to the corner, crumble to the floor as soon as joshua catches up to him and they would wave it off.

I think molina will give 3 rounds or so at least, we'll I hope so.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Dannyboy - 11-16-2016

I rate Price as a better boxer than Molina... problem is with Price, he's got no chin!!

I'd like to see Price fight AJ. He will have a punches chance as I think AJ is a bit chinny too!!

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 11-16-2016

You can't even give price a punchers chance as his confidence is so bad he no longer throws hard shots.

The old private probably would have beaten that Turkish chap who kod him but he didn't put anything on his shots so dude just walked through him.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - craigyid14 - 11-16-2016

(11-16-2016, 04:49 PM)Infern0 Wrote: You can't even give price a punchers chance as his confidence is so bad he no longer throws hard shots.

The old private probably would have beaten that Turkish chap who kod him but he didn't put anything on his shots so dude just walked through him.

You could argue the dude walked through his punches because he was pumped full of drugs.