NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Kiwi - 11-14-2016

You can see that Ruiz tires badly from Round 3 onward in that fight. If he loses the weight maybe he does better. But Parker should dominate him from the outside most of the night.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 11-14-2016

I agree. Parker has shown brilliant tactics when avoiding pressure

For instance his impression of one of those wavy inflatable men outside second hand car dealership, in the Takam fight.

Klitschko and fury could learn a thing or two

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 07:55 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I agree. Parker has shown brilliant tactics when avoiding pressure

For instance his impression of one of those wavy inflatable men outside second hand car dealership, in the Takam fight.

3 years from now you'd still be going on about the Takam fight. 
3 years from now we'll keep bringing up the Whyte fight. 

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 08:33 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:55 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I agree. Parker has shown brilliant tactics when avoiding pressure

3 years from now you'd still be going on about the Takam fight. 
3 years from now we'll keep bringing up the Whyte fight. 

Infern0, you really believe so? You're coming over to Team Parker. Tupou, Haumono, and Takam all put pressure on him. Handled Tupou extremely well. Made some novice mistakes against Takam and Haumono but still won. Lessons learned against Dimitenko. Will be polished against Ruiz as he knows what to expect, and has been there before. With AJ, hard to know whose put pressure on him as he hasn't fought anybody capable of putting pressure on him. Molina won't.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-14-2016

No doubt that Parker has a lot to work on when he's on the back foot, hopefully that work will show in the Ruiz fight.
The great thing about the Takam fight was that Parker showed a tonne of heart to pull through for the win, he also demonstrated a decent chin.
All of Parker's flaws were flaws that he can work on.

The same can't be said for chinny AJ. His stamina is also dodgy as hell, he could lose some muscle to improve that, but he'll lose his power.
Bugger.

(11-14-2016, 10:15 PM)Msreef Wrote: No doubt that Parker has a lot to work on when he's on the back foot, hopefully that work will show in the Ruiz fight.
The great thing about the Takam fight was that Parker showed a tonne of heart to pull through for the win, he also demonstrated a decent chin.

The same can't be said for chinny AJ. His stamina is also dodgy as hell, he could lose some muscle to improve that, but he'll lose his power.
Bugger.

I agree.

AJ should just retire now tbf

He's just this slow, chinny, weak bellied stiff dude with no defence.

In reality it's remarkable he's got as far as he has

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 11:07 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 10:15 PM)Msreef Wrote: No doubt that Parker has a lot to work on when he's on the back foot, hopefully that work will show in the Ruiz fight.

Bugger.

I agree.

In reality it's remarkable he's got as far as he has

Why retire when he can keep fighting the bottom half of the top 50?

(11-14-2016, 11:19 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 11:07 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Bugger.

I agree.

In reality it's remarkable he's got as far as 
Why retire when he can keep fighting the bottom half of the top 50?

All his last 3 opponents were in the top 25

Which is more than I can say for Parker

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-15-2016

Takam was top 10.
Wonder when AJ will fight a top 10 opponent? It's odd considering that he's a belt holder, and is supposed to be this absolute wrecking ball, but hasn't even fought anyone decent.
Who's he fighting next, for the second defence of his belt? Eric useless Molina. KO'd by Arreola in the first round. Way to go AJ, really setting the world on fire.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-15-2016

Ruiz: Parker didn’t look good against Takam
By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

WBO#3 Andy Ruiz is confident he defeat WBO#1 Joseph Parker when they clash at the Vector Arena in Auckland, New Zealand on December 10. Ruiz also mentioned Parker’s height advantage will work against him.

Andy Ruiz said “I have been fighting tall fighters all my life so this fight is not going to be any different. I like fighting taller fighters because tall fighters don’t like to fight short fighters … they don’t like them always being there. I like to move and always like being there, it gives problems to a lot of top fighters. I find short guys more difficult, they turn in a little ball and it’s harder to get them. Taller fighters, with your speed and combinations, it’s a direct target. In his fight against Carlos Takam he didn’t really look that good, he’s not good fighting backwards. That’s going to be my advantage, pursuing him and throwing my combinations.”