NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 11-09-2016

Bad video. Also they really shouldn't be plugging the WBO, if I was them I'd just call it a world title fight.

The wbo is not prestigious

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-09-2016

Massive unification opportunities for Joseph Parker if he can blast past Andy Ruiz

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker continues to create headlines in the UK with hopes of a unification fight against IBF champion Anthony Joshua already been raised.

Unification bouts and massive pay days are big incentives for Joseph Parker to blast his way past Andy Ruiz in their WBO title fight in Auckland.

Confirmation of the fight came on Tuesday for a December 10 clash, and that was making news in Britain where the fight will be shown live ahead of IBF champion Anthony Joshua's defence against American Eric Molina.

Parker's handlers have made no secret of their desire to storm the lucrative UK market and Duco co-owner Dean Lonergan is already talking up a "super fight" against Joshua in the middle of next year.

There's a lot to happen before that match can be made. The two fighters have to get past their December opponents and if that pans out Parker will face a mandatory defence against Britain's former world champ David Haye, while Joshua is set for an April showdown with Wladimir Klitschko which will have both the IBF and WBA belts at stake.

The chance to take on Joshua with three of the four belts on the line is what has the Parker camp salivating.

This is why they have gambled on the risky business proposition of staging the Ruiz fight without all of the more than $4-million costs covered.

Now they have secured home advantage against Ruiz, they are already talking big.

"Joseph will take real fights, but the opportunity to fight Anthony Joshua would be nothing short of magnificent for the heavyweight division - two of the young lions coming through. That would be a monstrous fight," Lonergan told Sky Sports in the UK who will broadcast both December 10 title fights.

"Obviously Joshua is booked to fight Wladimir Klitschko, which I think he wins and wins it well. Maybe in June-July both fighters can head towards a massive fight at Wembley. We think England is the hottest place for heavyweight boxing in the world right now.

"We thank the WBO for lining up David Haye. We see that as a much easier fight than Andy Ruiz Jr and once Joseph blasts through Haye, then Joshua will be the next cab off the rank."

But Lonergan tipped the 36-year-old Haye, on a comeback some have questioned, to duck out of fighting Parker though he hopes he fronts.

"My understanding is he is the mandatory. What was voted on, was that Joseph Parker and Andy Ruiz will fight for the heavyweight world title for the WBO, and the winner will face David Haye," Lonergan said.

"As far as we're concerned, the winner of this fight will be fighting David Haye.

"Andy Ruiz Jr for Joseph Parker is a pretty tough fight and if Joseph Parker can get through Andy Ruiz, he will blast past David Haye in two or three rounds. For that reason alone, David Haye has no chance of fighting Joseph Parker.

"Should Joseph Parker defeat Andy Ruiz, we would love that fight."

Parker engineered his way to the No 1 ranking in the IBF and mandatory challenger's position to take on Joshua.

But he has decided to go down the WBO route in the meantime, seeing that as a better way to get one of the coveted belts with a home fight against a lesser ranked opponent in Ruiz.

Parker is set for a million dollar payday against Ruiz, but the real riches lie down the line if he can continue his winning ways. The 24-year-old is already 21-0 with 18 knockouts.

Parker and Joshua have always appeared to be on a collision course. The possibility of them entering the ring unbeaten and with three of the four belts at stake is the sort of payday Duco have dreamed off for their fighter and their organisation.

American Deontay Wilder holds the WBC belt, the fourth jewel in the world crown.

- Stuff

Andy Ruiz: 'A lot of fireworks' ahead in WBO title fight with Joseph Parker

Andy Ruiz is predicting plenty of action in his WBO title fight with Joseph Parker.

Andy Ruiz believes he's a good match-up for Joseph Parker and predicts "a lot of fireworks" for their WBO title fight in New Zealand.

The hard-hitting heavyweights are set to clash at Auckland's Vector Arena on December 10 with Mexican Ruiz happy to have the venue confirmed so he can polish off his training camp in Big Bear, California.

"I've been training hard for the biggest fight of my career. I'm really exciting to put on a good show there in New Zealand. There's going to be a lot of fireworks there in that fight," Ruiz told Radio Sport on Wednesday.

"We both throw a lot of combinations and I'd like to say I'm going to be a good match-up for Joseph Parker."

Parker is No 1 with the WBO and Ruiz No 3.

Much has been made of Ruiz's hand speed. But that's also one of Parker's noted strengths.

Asked who was quicker, Ruiz said: "I don't know, we are going to see December 10 whose punches land quicker and more explosive and harder. I don't underestimate Joseph Parker at all one bit. He's a big guy, he's fast, he's tall, but I hit hard too."

Ruiz admitted Parker had a significant home advantage and he had his work cut out to negate that. He planned to arrive in Auckland two weeks before fight night to acclimatise.

"Yeah it [travelling] is a disadvantage. But I'm still going to do what I've got to do ... perform. Hometown advantage is big. But it is what it is, the best man wins. But I'm going to do whatever it takes to win that belt," Ruiz told Radio Sport.

"I'm willing to train hard, I'm willing to die in that ring to create history and become the first Mexican world heavyweight champion."

He said he wasn't looking beyond Parker but realised the ramifications to winning one of the four heavyweight belts.

"After this fight it's going to be nothing but the big league [for the winner]."

- Stuff

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/arum-andy-ruiz-fastest-hands-since-ali-359185

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Infern0 - 11-09-2016

Team parker staying humble "once we blast out david haye"

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 12:35 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Team parker staying humble "once we blast out david haye"

What did I tell you? Don't listen to Dean....he'll just make you angry. LOL

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/11/parkers-promoter-sees-haye-easier-opponent-ruiz/

(11-09-2016, 01:29 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 12:35 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Team parker staying humble "once we blast out david haye"

Kiwi knows Dean. Said inside he was a teddy bear. Outside, a big mouth. But makes things happen.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - faimoko - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 01:39 PM)diehard Wrote:

Kiwi knows Dean.  Said inside he was a teddy bear.  Outside, a big mouth.  But makes things happen.
nothing wrong with Dean he's a business man, he make things happen I think inferno/sham  hate life  lol

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 11-09-2016

(10-28-2016, 06:29 PM)Infern0 Wrote: It sucks but doesn't surprise me.

They'll spring this sort of money for all blacks games etc but not for the world title.

Any reason this fight couldn't be put on at Mt smart or even eden park?

The gate would go a long way to covering costs

(11-09-2016, 02:51 PM)faimoko Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 01:39 PM)diehard Wrote:

Kiwi knows Dean.  Said inside he was a teddy bear.  Outside, a big mouth.  But makes things happen.
nothing wrong with Dean he's a business man, he make things happen I think inferno/sham  hate life  lol

Their dreamboat AJ was supposed to win everything ,
 the better Jp gets the more the fantasy is  under threat

Cant deal with it so theyve gone trolling

That and they hate life  Lol