NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-07-2016

If you can't beat em, bite em

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - shamrock - 11-07-2016

Ruiz won't need to bite if he watches tyson bob n weave as he keeps stepping up. I see a Ko coming up. ...I see Jo is growing a beard to absorb the pressure.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-08-2016

The press conference to determine the venue is today at 11:30AM. Can probably get it by googling it.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-08-2016

All go for Auckland, tickets start at $99 at the vector arena

Joseph Parker's world title fight confirmed for Auckland

Signage at the announcement Joseph Parker will fight Andy Ruiz in Auckland for the WBO heavyweight title.

Kiwi boxer Joseph Parker has got his dream bout, a home fight for the WBO heavyweight title.

Parker's fight against Mexican Andy Ruiz was confirmed for Auckland on December 10 at a Duco Events announcement on Tuesday morning.

The fight will be held indoors at Vector Arena.

The announcement ends a prolonged period of negotiation to find the funds to host the historic fight after Duco was given first rights when it was sanctioned by the WBO on October 20.

The belt was vacated by troubled Brit Tyson Fury and gives the opportunity for the first New Zealand-born fighter, or the first Mexican, to win a genuine world heavyweight title.

Duco overcame several stumbling blocks to make the finances work – withdrawing an application for government funds because of a political and public backlash, and then losing the backing of Auckland City's promotional arm, Ateed, last Thursday, just when the deal appeared to be done.

In the end the opportunity to give Parker home advantage proved irresistible with a reworked financial model set up over the last weekend.

If Parker can beat Ruiz, the big money lies in defences and unification bouts in a division split wide open by the sidelining of Fury.

Parker was adamant he wanted to fight for the title at home. It was one of the big attractions of giving up his mandatory rights to challenge IBF champion Anthony Joshua and go down the vacant WBO route.

Ruiz's promoter Bob Arum was ready to take control of the fight and stage it in the United States if Duco couldn't stitch the Auckland deal together.

Duco now face the big task of selling the fight to the public with just 33 days till fight night.

They will be relying on major corporate support, a sellout at the fight venue and cashing in on their TV rights.

They have predicted a possible global audience reaching more than 500-million households across 100 countries, though Arum will take the lucrative rights to the United States and Mexico.

Parker and his trainer Kevin Barry have been in camp in Las Vegas preparing for a December 10 clash while Ruiz and his trainer Abel Sanchez are also deep into their preparations at altitude at Big Bear in California.

- Stuff

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-08-2016

I hope the PPV isnt over $50

Me too. I always thought it would be in Auckland. This is too big a fight for Parker to take a chance and put it in Arum's hands. All Duco has worked for is on the line for this fight, and they want home field advantage.

I also think Duco will make money off this, although they'll have to dig a little deeper with more uncertainty. Gotta wonder how much the Auckland City Council withheld. Surely they can get another sponsor, or sell a few more corporate tables to make up for it. Like NakiFan says, they need to keep the PPV at $50 or less or they'll take a bath.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/86210845/joseph-parkers-world-title-fight-confirmed-for-auckland

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - faimoko - 11-08-2016

(11-07-2016, 09:02 PM)shamrock Wrote: Ruiz won't need to bite if he watches tyson bob n weave as he keeps stepping up. I see a Ko coming up. ...I see Jo is growing a beard to absorb the pressure.

why are you supporting  a Mexican? are you getting your cocaine supply from mexico?

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-08-2016

Shamrock supports anyone but Parker