NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-05-2016

No idea. But considering he rates AJ as a potential ATG...Ruiz would be an easier option for AJ to fight. So I'm picking he will wait with baited breath to roast this forum if Parker loses.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Kiwi - 11-05-2016

Terrible timing for Auckland Council to pull out last-minute. Very sad.

But maybe it is for the best for this fight to go to the USA.

Big future there if JP can get a fanbase in Vegas.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-05-2016

I agree. Why did the Auckland Council wait until the last minute? I think tomorrow is the last day, according to Arum, that Duco can say they can't make it happen in Auckland. Then, Arum can take over.

I have no problem with it happening in Vegas. Just hope it happens in December.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - shamrock - 11-05-2016

Better for parkers credibility to happen in Vegas providing he gets the win. I would like to see him win there, it always presented itself as a jack up and lesser skills blown out of proportion by Duco so they could fleece the gullible new age kiwi punter.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Kiwi - 11-05-2016

I wish people on here would give Duco a break.

Tall Poppy syndrome at it's worst. Without those guys, boxing in NZ is way lower or nowhere. Yes - they make money from it. Welcome to the real world.

If the fight is in the USA it will be in Jan.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 11-05-2016

Sham, definitely a home field advantage if the fight's in NZ. And Duco got it. Why give it up? Who cares about credibility? I care who wins in the ring.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 03:34 PM)diehard Wrote: Sham, definitely a home field advantage if the fight's in NZ. And Duco got it. Why give it up? Who cares about credibility? I care who wins in the ring.

If Parker is to face Haye in the UK after Ruiz then I hope the Ruiz fight is in the US.

(11-05-2016, 03:21 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I wish people on here would give Duco a break.

Tall Poppy syndrome at it's worst. Without those guys, boxing in NZ is way lower or nowhere. Yes - they make money from it. Welcome to the real world.

Tall poppy syndrome of course is used to dismiss an opposition to your own thinking.In some respects nz boxing has been undermined by duco, mismatches and clown acts plus b/s hype and pipe for jo fleecing gullible unaware fans to pay larger than life ppv and ringside fees. Never heardof before duco appeared to make their fortune. Nw they ask ratepayers to pay their bills..

A level playing is a better thought die. it must be Jo's turn to fight out of his lounge.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 05:02 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 03:21 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I wish people on here would give Duco a break.

Tall poppy syndrome of course is used to dismiss an opposition to your own thinking.In some respects nz boxing has been undermined by duco, mismatches and clown acts plus b/s hype and pipe for jo fleecing gullible unaware fans to pay larger than life ppv and ringside fees. Never heardof before duco appeared to make their fortune. Nw they ask ratepayers to pay their bills..

Ateed is setup to do exactly what DUCO are trying to achieve with a local based world title event:

http://www.aucklandnz.com/ateed/highlights-and-achievements

Note the number of times a DUCO event is highlighted in ATEED's own achievements page.

The pullout reeks of someone higher up not wanting boxing held in Auckland.