NZBoxChat
Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO (/showthread.php?tid=185)

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - diehard - 10-28-2016

Good decision. Too many strings attached to government money. Always better to do it on your own back. Hope Duco makes it happen in NZ. If not, Vegas. MGM. Never seen Mr Higgins so talkative.

I happened to catch about half of the press conference. One good thing to come out of it is that Parker has a new strength and conditioning coach that he says is fantastic. He needed more than KB, and this is a good sign.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Msreef - 10-28-2016

If Parker is going to be fighting Haye in the UK (which Duco appeared to confirm), then I think they should fight probably Ruiz in the US.
Haye is a much tougher fight than Ruiz imo, and going straight from little old NZ to tens of thousands of poms baying for Parker's blood is going to make the fight even tougher.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - bopman - 10-28-2016

Great sign getting a strength and conditioning coach. It will be exciting to see if they can get parker more explosive. Hopefully he packs a bit more weight on too. It would be great to see him around the 114 kg mark

(10-28-2016, 01:36 PM)diehard Wrote: One good thing to come out of it is that Parker has a new strength and conditioning coach that he says is fantastic. He needed more than KB, and this is a good sign.

I was happy to hear that too. I wonder if they are going to bulk him up a bit more, he looked strong and powerful in the Dimitrenko fight, a little bit more muscle wouldn't hurt, as long as it doesn't affect his stamina.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 10-28-2016

Fill that chest out a bit you reckon? Bump him up from an A to C cup.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(10-28-2016, 01:43 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Fill that chest out a bit you reckon? Bump him up from an A to C cup.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Yeah, all natural too, make those ring girls jealous Joe.

Don't know why his pecs won't develop. Give me three months with him doing different bench press angles and some flys and he'll need a D cup.

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - Westywarrior - 10-28-2016

(10-28-2016, 01:14 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Public opinion...backlash...bloody hell.

The fund is setup exactly for these sorts of events. DUCO is basing securing their business sponsor, and giving them advertising rights to hundreds of millions of people.

Sounds like a good deal, considering the money is sitting there in the budget to do these sorts of things.

They have to save that money
 for the next time the rich guys want a new yacht to race

RE: Parker vs Ruiz for WBO - NakiFan - 10-28-2016

This I found interesting:

The Government may have been doubly cautious given the risk of a perceived conflict of interest; Parker is the cousin of Judith Collins's husband (although Collins is understood to have excused herself from any discussions relating to the event).

To be fair it's not saying much, as there is only about 3 degrees of separation in NZ. Diehard could name 5 names of people in Taranaki, and I'm sure I could link 3 of them to people I know or have sold stuff to.

Could have been a nice partnership, but not under these circumstances.